Section 31 T6N R2E NW/4

I inherited some mineral rights at this location. It there anything going on there?

Hi Joe, not any recent activity. I (and some family members) have minerals in this tract. It is HBP by a well drilled in 1981. You can see details on the OK Tax Commission site https://www4.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/gp_PublicSearchPUNbyLegal.php. It is the Skinner 1 well. Oil is picked up a couple times a year, so only minimal production, but you may already know about this. Are you being paid?

If you are new to mineral ownership, of if I can help in any way, let me know.

Thanks Wesley! I guess the well is named after your family? I might have some earnings in suspense. I doubt they would be large, but I am going to try and find out. Do you have the name of the operator?

Joe, about the name of the well - probably family since other nearby wells have other family’s names. Interestingly, the producing formation for this well is the “Skinner” sand. After pulling my file for that section, I remembered that you would also have an interest in another well, same operator, which is classified a gas well (surface location in the SW 1/4), so it has a 320 a. spacing for the W 1/2. It is the Blevins and the last payment we received was just a few cents for gas and a few dollars for oil last year. My decimal interest is small so the check for these wells only come once a year.

The last operator transfer of both these wells shown on the OCC site was in 2014 to RJA Energy. Here are the links to the Skinner 1 http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/03074EA0.pdf and for the Blevins http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/03074EA1.pdf with name, address and phone. Hope this info helps, and welcome to the neighborhood.

I don’t know if there is production on SEC. 31 T8N R5E in Pottowatomie County. I do not receive any royality but have interest there. Could you sir, check this for me. Thank you, Carol Dakan

Carol, Blue Star Energy has Martin 1-31H which has been online since August 2012. It had some starts and stops with no payments from Sept 2015 to Jan 2017. Better check your lease to make sure that you got shut in payments if you are in the northern half. Spacing is only for half the township, so if your acreage is in the southern half, you may not have royalties from the well. New activity in the area is in 4, 26 and 35.

Thank you so much, but now I am totally confused. I have several leases and some division orders that list several locations in Sec. 31. One deed says I own a 1/6th of undivided 190 acres of the N1/2 of the SW1/4, and the SE1/4, all in Sec.31 T8N R5E of the Indian Meridian. I guess that is not what we are talking about. I also have royalities in Sec. 19 and 11. I do not receive anything, except an Indian check from Oklahoma. Also, sections in Oklahoma County.

Again, thank you for your reply. Carol Dakan

Carol, Both of those deeds are in the southern half of the township. Hint: You read them backwards. You have the 16th of 190 acres located in the North half of the Southwest quarter and the SE quarter. So no royalties from the well that is in the northern half of the section in the NE4 and the NW4.

Is there a comma in your deed after SW4? The SE4 is 160 acres gross and the north half of the SW4 is 80 acres, so those add up to 240 acres, not 190 acres, so something is off in the punctuation in either the deed or how you typed it in just now.

That is how it is written- with the comma. Thank you for your information and time.

Carol Dakan

Have to correct my own typo. 1/6th, not 16th. Sorry, went too fast.

Carol, I am not knowledgeable of your part of the county. I was out this afternoon but see you are getting great information.