Section 30 9N-4W McClain County, OK

I’m fortunately hearing that “interest is huge” in 9N-4W … has anyone heard ANYTHING yet as to deep drilling in Section 30, located along the county’s western edge?

When, as in my case, the leased acreage appears to be “held by production”, I guess that my options are very limited. (Selling is, I’m sure, not optimal.)

There is horizontal drilling all around you. The Dunning #1 well is holding the acreage. You have a very good option which is to hang onto your acreage and wait for future horizontal wells. Do not think that selling is the only option.

Camino Natural Resources just pooled that section in October 2018 and must spud the horizontal well in 180 days. I do not see the permit yet.

Thanks for that very helpful information about Camino’s drilling time-frame. That helps to explain the rash of increasingly higher offers to “sell, sell, SELL!” The Dunning #1 Well was paying our family a mere pittance for many years.

Hello M_Barnes! Can you please let this non-Oklahoma resident Oil & Gas novice know where (and how) to look for any progress hopefully starting to be made by Camino Resources in this McClain County acreage? We’re nearing the end of the “180 day” post-pooling timeframe that you mentioned, and I’m growing mighty curious! Many thanks for all of your very kind help!

You can keep an eye on any wells at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission well records site. You have to search by surface location. Might not be in your section, but you find that out by the case file documents.

As of now, I do not see any new postings. Looks like the well was planned for section 30. I re-read the pooling order and they have 365 days (p. 10) from October 8, 2018. So you have another six months or so…

http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx http://imaging.occeweb.com/imaging/OAP.aspx

Thanks so much for your swift and expert help! You are THE BEST! :slight_smile:

Ms. Barnes wondering if anything is happening in McClain County Sec 30 8N 4W ? Just saw a question on Sec 30 9N 4W…is that close to my Sec 30 8N 4W? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Rick B

Rick, your area in 8N is six miles south from 9N. Your particular section does not have any new cases at the OCC, but EOG just filed cases in section 28 for increased density and is asking for four additional wells in the Mississippian.

Your section 30-8N-4W has seen extensive leasing in 2017-19. Those 2017 leases will start to expire next year, so I think you might get some drilling headed your way soon.

Thanks for your response. My current lease is up in August of this year ,I believe…I’ll have to check on that though. If I’m correct, maybe I could get another lease ( at a higher price point ) before any future land work/drilling?

That is a possibility. In the meantime, get caught up to date with reading about what terms you would rather have in your lease. Mineral Help tab above and quite a few comment strings discuss those clauses.

Believe this is the town site of Blanchard. Probably going to develop slower than the surrounding area.