Section 29 and 32, 1N-3W

We have been receiving many more interest letters and phone calls for mineral rights in the last couple months, which never seems to be a bad sign. I’m wondering if any of the “locals” have noticed increased activity in the area. I’ve been watching the OCC Imaging site, but haven’t seen much…or, more likely just not using the site to its full use and benefit. As always we land and mineral owners, not of the area, truly appreciate all the help that many on this forum provide. Thank you again.

Gil Harris

89Energy has pending cases for section 29 to drill a horizontal well. That is probably why you are getting the calls and letters.

Our current lease is with Continental and expires on Dec 6. Curious if any of our local (boots on the ground) residents have heard anything regarding the area. I haven’t noticed anything on the OCC site (perhaps not looking in the right place). Thanks again to all of you who are so helpful with all the information and wisdom that you provide the forum.

Gil Harris

You should have copies of all the 89Energy pending cases and any postponements. If not, then come back and I will give you the attorney contact address. Given that the cases were supposed to be heard last November-March, they may be looking to sell to someone else. Now is a good time to check your lease language and see if you have a very firm commencement of drilling clause “with a drilling rig capable to drilled to TD onsite and drilling” or a more vague clause regarding “commencement”.

Does this also affect STR 20-01N-03W? I have a cause No. 201808070 application from October 2018 for Multiunit Horizontal Well for STR 20 & 29-01N-03W. I don’t have § 29 but I do have § 20.

Yours is a different case for a different well to go into 20 & 29. Your case was protested in Feb 2019. Continental

Upon reviewing my lease contract with Continental Resources I see no commencement of drilling clause or related entries.