Section 29-6N-8E, Hughes County County

Good morning At this moment, I don’t have a question. Just introducing myself… again. I inherited mineral rights in 2012. In November 2018 I finally was able to get the M.R. in my name I am receiving monthly royalties from Silver Creek. Just as I got all the legal stuff completed, S.C. sent the monies from the suspended account to Oklahoma Unclaimed Property. Ihad been searching using my name and I finally think I found it using my mother’s name. O U.P. has been an adventure to say the least. I live in Houston. The thing is, I have no idea if it is the correct name as the only thing information I have is the name under which name I made a claim is removed , and then it takes 90 days. I’ve been a member of this forum since 2012, but as far as finding info in what I inherited- since the M.R… were not in my name. it was difficult. If- finally the process is complete … I have many questions for this forum. Thanks in advance and happy Saturday! Janiece Smith

If Oklahoma has unclaimed property in your mother’s name, depending on the amount you may be able to provide an affidavit establishing your entitlement to some or all of the funds. I believe that if the amount exceeds $10,000 an Oklahoma probate will be needed. If that is the case, post again an I will outline some potential probate options.