Section-28-t11n-r5w-canadian-county-oklahoma-40-acres

Well after a year I was not able to get a sale of this property. The landman was evidently trying to flip this. Since I was not in a hurry to sell it didn’t matter. But at one point I was led to believe that it was a done deal. Has anyone else been strung along while a landman tries to do this

Happens all the time. There is a lot of buying and selling going on right now. Especially if sections nearby have multiple horizontal wells.

1 Like

Do you know of anyone I could contact to see if they are interested in my oil and mineral rights?

There is a market place category on the forum. You can post there.

What is your asking price?

Be informed as to what your asking price needs to be before you post in the marketplace. All sales negotiations are over in that area of the forum.

JANET- unfortunately those things happen. The shale plays in OK are pretty much over. There are way more folks wanting to sell for exorbitant, hyped up prices than there are reasonable buyers.

What does this mean All sales negotiations are over in that area of the forum

It means if someone tries to solicit a sale and try to cut a deal in this category and topic, they will get flagged and blocked. All sales and lease deals are handled in the other category called “Market Place”.

1 Like

I really don’t know what to ask for have had several inquiries

There is still permitting activity for multiple wells near you in 29 and 32, so some folks are wanting to buy your acreage. You can hang on and lease or you can sell.

I’ve looked around on the site and haven’t located a category for Market Place

Go to the Home button at the top. Then All Categories, then use the gray slider bar to go down near the bottom of the list.

Important – I am not an attorney so that the following is my opinion -only – Most of the calls and letters I get with offers are from Flippers trying to find a cheap property to rent or lease and resell. Unfortunately they try to do this without acquiring the property. They will only close the deal after they find someone to flip it to… they will ask you to sign a deal and then not give you funds until they find a buyer…Even worst is when they file the Deed/lease and not pay you then you are held up in doing another deal --. SOOOO, DO NOT sign anything until you have funds in the bank - or a cashiers check in hand… this is very important — it’s the wild West in the oil business – especially in the leasing area – don’t get taken advantage of

1 Like

Simply type “marketplace” in the spyglass/search icon in the upper right… see right hand colmn of results.