SECTION 26 T6N R2W

I was contacted by a company called DeltaCore about leasing a small mineral acreage I own. They said they were working on behalf of BP. Offering $200 per net acre. Said it was going to be pooled soon. Am I about to be hornswoggled?

I think you should check into this further. I leased in Section 15 for a much higher lease bonus and understand BP has drilled in a different section than your and are awaiting results. Check lease bonus on this site in McClain. Think that offer is too low!

If all that you are going to be paid for a lease is enough money to buy dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, from a business perspective there is nothing wrong with being force pooled. Lease buyers try to scare you with the threat of being "force pooled" as if that is like having a STD.

Let them pool you.

I agree, let them pool you. You will get no less than the best price if force pooled.

Thanks everybody.

I was just contacted today by a Holly, i guess independent landman. My acreage (small amount) is in Sec 26 T2N R6W Same people DeltaCore for BP. Offered me $200/nma plus 3/16. Wow hardly worth the time. I have heard of leases nearby going for a lot more. I will let them force pool me if they don't substantially come up. Thanks for the advice on this forum. Can anyone maybe give a few examples of what nma's are going for nearby. Just a thought.

Yeah Frank that is the lowest I have ever been offered. Kind of pisses me off that they try to take advantage of us who don't live in OK.

No one else is leasing in there so that's the market price. I'd just hold out for now. Could change or you could be pooled at the same price.

Theoretically, sure. But not true. I have been leased for much higher than pooling prices way before a pooling notice.

Hi Steven Eugene Harper, I think we are related, my grandmother was Mildred Harper, married to Virgle Yates. I am familiar with this section and was contacted by Todco Properties.

1 Like

Yes we haven’t got any money yet.You might call BP mineral owner relations1 800-732-6626. Good luck.

Thank you Steven, I appreciate it! Laurie let me know you had the phone number. From what I have knowledge of it is mineral rights to a bit over 72 acres. Is that the same information you have?