Section 26-13N-6W Roan Resources Well

Does anyone know what is going on with the well Roan Resources drilled in Section 26-13N-06W – “Taborek 26-35-13-6 -1MXH”? It had a spud date of 9/30/18 and has had production shown every month since November 2018. We own mineral rights in Section 26 and still have not received Division Orders on this well.

Then in July we received notices on Cause CD No. 201807201 where the relief sought by Roan is “Multiunit Horizontal Well.” It had hearing date of 8/5/19 and it was Recommended. Is this the same well that was already drilled? They completed the Mississippian formation. Is this to go and complete the Woodford or another formation? I’m a little confused by this.

Also, my lease agreement states in Exhibit A Paragraph 1:

When my attorney explained it to me, he said this means if they drill a well in the Mississippian formation and it is producing, and then come back after the end of this 3 year primary lease term and want to drill another deeper well into the Woodford or Hunton formations, then they have to negotiate and pay us a new bonus payment. Our primary lease was 11/20/15 – 11/20/18. This is why I am questioning the Cause CD above.

Do you think there is a chance more wells will be drilled in this section? Sorry for so many questions, and I certainly appreciate any information!

Taborek 26-35-13-6-1MXH has been online since 11/28/18. Division Orders should have been out in about May. However, it is a two section well, so each section has hundreds of minerals owners, so it takes a bit longer. As it is now August, it I time to send a certified return receipt letter to Roan Resources Division Order department and find out what is going on. Also, you need to request the statutory interest under title 52.

They were actually waiting for the Interim Order that you just received. It says that 50% of the well was to be perforated in section 26 and 50% in Section 35. However, the actual splits are 43.3656% in section 26 and 56.6344% in section 35. They needed those splits before they could send out the Division Orders. Those numbers are found on the exhibit. The current well is completed in the Mississippian. (You can tell by the M in the well name and by the filing on the tax site.)

Your attorney is correct. They would have to come back and lease the Woodford separately in the future.

Yes, there is a chance for more wells in the future. They may wait until prices go up a bit. Currently, there are six increased density cases pending or just ordered in the township.

As always, thank you so much for your reply and your knowledge in these matters! You are very much appreciated on this site!