Section 23

Hi has anyone leased in section 23 recently?

Marcella Ponder

Which township and range. There are quite a few section 23's

nw/4 nw/4 of section 23 township 4 south, range 1 west

Looks like RD Williams is pretty active in leasing in there over the last three years

We have leased in this section to RD Williams several times over the past 10 + years. Our leases expire Nov. 1 and RD Williams has sent us a top lease at the same rate it has been for years, $200/ac, 3/16ths. Have not tried to negotiate with them. Seems like this acreage should be more valuable than it was 6 or 3 years ago. Hoping someone else comes along. Family has total of 330 ac in this section, my share is 88 net acres.

Thank you. I agree

Personally, I never top lease. The more acres you have, the more bargaining power you have to get the most recent and best deal. I think you might be interested in the most recent investor powerpoint from Continental Resources. They indicate the Woodford Scoop play is moving south. I have received quite a few more offers on my Carter acreage, so I am seeing what happens. Not opposed to waiting on Force Pools. The rates will depend upon what reservoirs are being drilled and the spacing. The most recent ones close to s 23 went for $300 and 3/16 to Avalon in August. Time is your friend on this one.

RE: 23 4S 1W Carter County

24 4S 1W Carter County

Have received an offer of $500 per acre by whomever has hired R. D. Williams, 3/16th royalty, 3 year primary term, no extension. After 1 year plus cannot get them to budge on the royalty. I am getting absolutely nowhere with them as the person I am dealing with doesn't have a clue what they are doing (i.e. requesting totally irrelevant documents). I too am not opposed to waiting on forced pooling orders. It is quite frustrating to receive a packet of information asking me notarize and send documents that have absolutely no bearing on my inheritance/ownership of these minerals. I'd appreciate any information that has any relevance to these specific areas. Thanks.