Section 21 & Section 28, T19N R8W Kingfisher County OK

Does anyone have an idea what minerals are selling for in Kingfisher County OK? I was recently offered $4,000 per net mineral acre and am considering taking it.

What royalty are your minerals subject to?

I don’t know about those 2 sections but the last offer I received was $11K/nma in section 29 & 31 which I consider to be too low (there are new producing wells), prior to that I had an offer of $13K/nma. Based on that I’d say $4K is very low but you need to find out if there are wells, drilling, or permits applied for in your sections. Also, are you currently receiving any royalties in those sections. You will probably get better info from several others on this forum who have more knowledge of what is going on in your sections.

1 Like

They are leased at 1/5th

Yes I am receiving royalties but it is from some old vertical production

Many sections have old vertical production. The offers are usually coming because of the potential of future horizontal drilling for deeper shale horizons. If you have one current horizontal well, then those offers are usually because someone thinks there will be additional wells, so consider the larger picture and if you want to give those royalties up.