Section 19; block 7; H&G RR Survey, Reeves; A39

Be aware that Phantom (Wolfcamp) field rules include the Third Bone Spring and Wolfcamp formations. It does not include the First Bone Spring and Second Bone Spring. You have to read the field rules and examiners report to verify what is included. So wells can be drilled in Wolfcamp or in lower Bone Spring formation. The Two Georges (Bone Spring) field rules include all of the Bone Spring plus the upper portion of the Wolfcamp. The Sand Bar (Bone Spring) field rules include only the Bone Spring formation. The Ford, West (Wolfcamp) field rules include only the Wolfcamp formation.

1 Like

Is this a lesson in Boolean algebra?:blush:

This is part 1 of 3 interesting articles with (maps and drawings) that make it much easier to understand.

Part 2. This is the best one, visual wise. Gives a very clear picture of the geology.

Hello Cindy,

Where is the link to part 2?

I read part 1 in the link you sent.

Thank you.

Link to part 2

Rhttps://info.drillinginfo.com/permian-basin-geology-midland-vs-delaware-basins/

Can anyone send me a map of entire Reeves county and circle the area where section 19; block 7; H&G RR survey A-39 is in relation to Reeves county? I think it’s in the northeast area of Reeves near Pecos.

I work at San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Tx. Several companies have come out to recruit Process Technology and Instrumentation students to work in the Permian Basin. Occidental Petroleum hired 6 students a few weeks ago. A huge Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology (CPET) building will open in the Fall.

I’ve read several articles in BIC magazine about upcoming pipelines being built.

The magazine said U.S. oil to eclipse Russia, Saudi Arabia combined by 2025.

“The growth in U.S. liquids production will be driven by major shale basins such as the Permian in parts of Texas and New Mexico”.

Thanks, Susan Titus

1 Like

I am sort of new to this too, but I think this is what you’re looking for:

1 Like

Susan, I put a purple marker on Sec.19/Blk. 7. Linton

1 Like

Linton_Tomlin - That’s a great map! Can you do one for me for another section of Reeves County? Do I need to create a separate request so I don’t hijack this thread?

1 Like

That map is about 8’ tall in its printed form. It’s been on my living room wall for the last 5-6 years and I used to take photos for people all the time on the MRF. I have it on my phone and in Dropbox, but it’s over 15 MB. I have to import it to a phone app I use called Fast Image Viewer to see the minute detail. But it’s of great value to me. I use it all the time.

2 Likes

Think I’ll post a link to the Dropbox file and post it in another thread. I did that a long time ago, but no telling where it is now after the MRF revamp! This is it:

Enjoy-- Linton

Danna, if you need me to mark a specific place like I did before, that’s no problem, just let me know. Linton

1 Like