Section 17 Township 9N Range 5W

Hello, I’ve been receiving mailings for the above section. Also for Section 20 Township 9N Range 5W. The paperwork came yesterday that the horizontal well has been approved. (Ordered)

Today I received certified mail regarding pooling for 17 9N 5W. There were A LOT of names in Exhibit A in the other mailings. This one says to all persons, owners etc “particularly:” then names just 12 of us…

I’m not sure what I’m asking… any input would be amazing! Thank!

About to be a whole lot of drilling going on there. I organize the mailings by case number at the top. Then I put each document in date order under the case number, oldest at the back and newest at the front. Easier to keep track of that way.

Look for the one with the pooling case. 202201304. If your name is on it, then stay on top of it. The hearing is in late April and once the orders come out, you only have 20 days in which to answer if you are not leased.

The others do not need any action, but it is good to keep up with the proceedings so you know what to expect.

Thank you so much for your response!!! I’ve located the paperwork with that number on it and I’m listed as one of the 12 included.

So they’ll send me elections to select from? Please forgive my ignorance. Thank you!!!

It’s just really confusing…

Aaaaand thank you for the organizational info :slight_smile:

Yes, once they have the hearing, they will assign bonus/royalty pairs and send out a notice to those that are not leased. I usually pick the highest royalty (lowest bonus) because a higher royalty usually pays out more money in the long run. Especially if there ends up being multiple wells. When you get the order, respond quickly because by the time you get it, you usually have less than the 20 days time frame. Send a response letter that has your name, address, Case Number, Pooling Order number, the selection that you picked and a W-9. Send by certified mail return receipt to the address listed in the order. Many folks also send a copy to the Oklahoma Corporation Commision.

Ok, thank you! I greatly appreciate you!

Here is an example of a pooling order nearby.

https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/AP/Orders/occ30429142.pdf

Very helpful! Thank you!!

Martha. Always appreciate your depth of knowledge! Thank you for being so generous with your time and expertise. Your input on organizing the mailings by Case number is such a simple by great tip! May I ask about the monthly check statements/monthly production reports on existing wells. Other than for comparison during the duration on the production - is there a need for long term retention of these reports? We have been keeping these records on sec 20 since 2012. Many thanks!!

You need to keep the royalty statements for at least seven years for IRS purposes. You can scan all of them and then throw the paper ones greater than seven years away. I have had to go back to them more than once. Especially if one company buys out another company and the new ones start charging post production charges and they are not supposed to.

One thing to check on the new offer-post production charges. You do not want them. You may need an attorney to look at the draft lease and make sure they are not there and also put in clauses that protect you more.

Very helpful information. Thank you Martha!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.