Section 15-4N-5W

Probably no leasing at all in 15-4N-5W because a horizontal well has held the 640 ac section since 2016. The last lease listed was in 2015.

M Barnes, if ACE Energy was to offer to lease, what is a fair value per acre in your expertise?

Thanks for all your help

I am not sure you will get a lease offer unless it is for a different horizon or is a top lease for that section since it is held by production from a current well.

what is a top lease?

Please say more about top leasing. We entered into a top police approximately 2 years ago in section 21, 5 North 7 West, Grady County, before the Unit well came on line. The unit well as very shallow and we have a 100’ depth clause.

It is a mineral lease taken out before the current lease expires. There is a very good explanation at: https://www.mineralweb.com/owners-guide/leased-but-not-producing/top-leasing/

got it! Thanks Janet

Is Continental the one who has that section currently?

Tim: I believe after a relatively quick review, that your interest was force pooled by Continental Resources. If you do own an interest in Section 15-4N-5W, you should be receiving royalty on the Sinclair well that is a part of this section and section 22.

The pooling covering the pertinent formations that are being developed in the area and I don’t see where you have any “OPEN” interest that someone would be leasing at this time.

Again, this was a quick review.

Good Luck. Todd M. Baker

If we’re not receiving any royalty checks from Continental, do you have a contact info I could get hold of to check. Thanks for all the insight

Go to there website: Royalty / Interest Owners | Continental Resources.

There you should be able to get the ball rolling. Their owner relations hotline is 405-774-5257. You were listed on Pooling Order #642598, dated 7/1/2015 as respondent #436.

Good Luck. Todd M. Baker

Here is an article that discusses the issues related to top leasing.

An Overview of Recurring and Related Issues Involving Top Leasing.pdf (210.2 KB)

Thanks! Appreciate all you guys’ help!