My mom has received an offer to purchase her mineral rights in Canadian County Sections: 14 and 23. The offer is from Ferrell Oil Company. The offer is in the amount of $9,500 per net mineral acre provided that the subject minerals are entitled to 3/16th royalty if currently leased. it also states she needs to provide them with any This is an investment that my father, who is now deceased, made many years ago so we know very little about it. We do not even know how many mineral rights she owns. Any help to the following questions would be greatly appreciated:
- How do we find out what mineral rights she owns?
- How do we gain access to the title of her mineral acres?
- How do we obtain the current revenue statements, check stubs, and division orders? (as per the contract, she is required to provide these after 5 days of acceptance of the contract, but we do not have any)
- There is language in the contract that they can adjust the purchase price proportionately as a result of any uncured defects by the Seller.
- are these contracts typically negotiable?
- Is there a reputable company that assists the Sellers in these types of deals?