Section 11-8N-8E

Where can I go to search Hughes County Records for oil and gas leases, deeds, etc. It is not included in the okcountyrecords.com.

I have inherited some paperwork through a family trust that refers to this section in Hughes County, but one of my deceased uncles left notes that he couldn't find any evidence of our ownership. I have a Mineral Deed that was recorded and Indexed ( I am not sure what this means) in Hughes County in October of 1973.

Thanks for any help

The folk's at Hughes County have not gotten with the digital age - yet. They have not scanned their deed records into digital format to make them available. Mineral Rights leases and Mineral Deeds are kept in hardcopy "Deed Books" and indexed by section & available for public search or inspection. You can go to the Hughes County courthouse county clerk's office and they will help you learn the system quickly and do the title / deed search yourself. Alternative, if you are not able to go there yourself, call the county clerk office and ask one of the deputy clerk staff (nice ladies there & very helpful) to check the records for you. They will make copies of any documents found and mail copies to you for a small, reasonable fee and postage. I have done much research work on mineral rights there in Hughes County this way - remotely that is. Works very well if you are not in a hurry or working to a deadline. Another alternative is to hire a local LANDMAN or a local attorney in Holdenville to do the title search & abstract work at the courthouse.

Hope this helps you out. Good luck on your hunt and let me know how it works out.

Jim Cain

James Cain .... I thought the company that digitized all the records in other counties was headquarted in Hughes Co. Visual Lease Services? I thought you could find the digitized records by going through/to VSL in Holdenville? Just asking.

Hnd the digitized records by going through/to VSL in Holdenville? Just asking.

Not understanding your question.

Hi Claudia,

I have to re-compose my response to your message. The system seems to have eaten my kind of long response. I was not aware that a digital conversion of mineral rights deed books was available in Hughes County. Last time I did research there at the courthouse we had to go to the hardcopy deed books. I don’t live there now (I’m in Maryland) and last time I did research on mineral deeds I had a LANDMAN associate from OKC drop by the Hughes County Clerk’s office and make copies for me. That has been about 2 years ago now, so if digitized and searchable databases are available on-line that would be great and I thank you for telling me about it. Do you have any information I can use to access or contact this source ?

Are you related to Charles and Elizabeth Kemmerer by chance ?

Jim Cain

@ James V. Cain:

Hi, Jim ... I'm just now seeing this post. VSL did have all that data digitized. You can google them. They are located in Holdenville. The owner was the husband of the Hughes Co. Tax Assessor. When I still lived there, they had spent an substantial amount of resources in getting the data available online for a fee.

I am Elizabeth's granddaughter and Charles sister. How did you know?

Claudia Kemmerer

Hi Claudia - Thanks for your reply today. I will check out VSL this week. Good indoor activity for our snow day here in Wash DC area.

My dad Hershel Cain worked many years for Charles Sr. at the Taylor & Kemmerer Chrysler, Dodge & Plymouth dealership there on South Oak & Oklahoma Avenue. I knew Charles & Elizabeth growing up in Holdenville. They will always be Mr. & Mrs. Kemmerer to me, very fine people indeed. Hope you still have their fine home out there on CC Drive in Holdenville where I visited many times. Many good memories about them and that car dealership for me growing up there.

Enjoyed your message today ! / Jim Cain

Jim:

Very much enjoyed your message as well! That brought back some memories. I forwarded it to Dad and Charlie. Charlie seems to remember your dad. Please keep in touch .... one never knows when we will need a good landman! We'll be in the DC area in March to run the Cherry Blossom!

Best to you and yours,

Claudia

http://www.vlsmaps.com/

Claudia Kemmerer said:

@ James V. Cain:

Hi, Jim ... I'm just now seeing this post. VSL did have all that data digitized. You can google them. They are located in Holdenville. The owner was the husband of the Hughes Co. Tax Assessor. When I still lived there, they had spent an substantial amount of resources in getting the data available online for a fee.

I am Elizabeth's granddaughter and Charles sister. How did you know?

Claudia Kemmerer

Please, what is the status of your Mineral Deed? I assume recorded and indexed means that a book number and page number has been assigned. Please, provide me with additional information and I will attempt to assist. For direct contact phone 918 221 4630 or email: aogcorky@gmail.com. Thanks !!!

My siblings and I inherited mineral rights in Hughes County in 2004. We are named on the trustee deed. None of us have ever been contacted regarding leasing (or any other activity) on the two properties (T5N, R9E, Sec 30). Is this area actively producing? Do you have advice for us on how to proceed?