Section 10 in 13N 06W

Two Newfield wells began producing in January of this year, but we haven’t received division orders, yet. Does anyone know more about this? I know Encana purchased Newfield and that might be causing a further delay.

The delay is probably due to a couple of factors. First, the Encana purchase. Takes a while to get everything straightened out, especially with new wells. One of those wells goes from 10 into section 3 and the other goes from 11 into section 2, so unless you are in those sections, you will not get paid on it.

Each section has hundreds of owners, so doing to title work for a multi section well takes months. Since two wells were drilled from the same surface pad, they may be doing all four sections at the same time. I suggest that you write a certified return receipt letter to Encana and remind them that they owe you interest if your title is clear. Keep a copy of the letter and the returned green card for documentation.

It may take a couple more months to get everything straightened out.

Thank you for your insight.

My mom has mineral interest in section 2 and 11 T13N-R6W looks to be just outside Piedmont.

I spoke with a representative in owner relations at Encana, and he said they are finalizing the Division Orders and they should go out end of September or so. I still don’t have them. He estimated first payments will be in November since there wouldn’t be time to finish things before the deadline for October. I’m hoping that’s true. The delay had to do with getting the title finalized. They will automatically pay the 12 percent interest due on payments after the 6 month deadline.