Section 10-9N-8W - Offers to Purchase Minerals/Lease Minerals

I have received multiple offers to purchase my 11.34 NMA interest in this parcel. I have also received an offer to lease with varying royalties/bonus payments. I am considering both leasing or selling and am interested in current prices to sell the interest as well as current lease terms. Any advice is appreciated, and what is driving this sudden interest? I’ve leased this tract off and on over the years, but no wells.

Welcome to the community. Keep in mind that selling may involve capital gains reporting and/or tax. Visit with your CPA before considering a sale.

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

I would not be in a hurry to sell as you have a pending well by Citizen Energy. You do not have to lease as you could also answer the pooling order. The case was supposed to have been heard on April 25. If you received the paperwork from the OCC, once the order is sent out, you have 20 days in which to answer or they will assign you the lowest royalty. Most of us pick the highest royalty as that usually pays out the best in the long run. Offers to buy may often be low to the incoming royalties.

There was a pooling in this township a few weeks ago by Citizen. $1,000/acre with a 3/16th royalty. No offer on a 1/5th+.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.