Section 1 5N 10W activity? Caddo

Hi all, I’m new to this after an inheritance. I really appreciate this forum as I’ve learned a lot on here already. I’m wondering about the area: N/2 SW/4 of 1-5N-10W. Thank you!

We’re glad you’re vistiing us here at The Mineral Rights Forum.

Our system has flagged this post as one that needs further attention in order make it productive for all involved. Please add clarity to your post in order to help those who want to help you. Common needs are:

• specificity in what you are wanting to know
  • specificity with respect to location of your minerals

Thank you,

MRF Administration

Welcome to the forum. As the administrator suggested, asking a specific question will get you a more informed answer. If you just inherited, you need to hopefully find all information that your ancestor had regarding this section. Deeds, paperwork, Division Orders, etc. It is your responsibility to find out if any royalties are due to you and claim them. You will need to contact each operator and find out what paperwork they will need to put you in pay status. Come back with specific questions. There are at least five wells still active in the section, but they may not all belong to you. That section is part of the West Cement Unit and the West Cement Medrano unit, so you may have royalties from that unit.

Thank you so very much M_Barnes, I have already learned so much from you on other posts too! You are remarkably generous with your time and incredibly knowledgeable!

This is good info and I’ll start gathering these other details. I only learned of these deeds yesterday, had no idea what they even were so have been researching and am bumbling forward for the moment :slight_smile: The deeds are from the late 60s and early 70s and have been in a safety deposit box for decades so who knows… But your input gives me some next steps. I’m sure I’ll come back to the forum at a later time.

Thanks again.

Get everything organized by township, range and then section. Come back here and I can give you some of the free links to find information. Start with www.okcountyrecords.com and see what else you can find. Can hunt for free and pay nominal amount to print.

Welcome to the forum.
If you inherited these minerals there must be something that places title into your name. In the case of a Trust, then a trustee’s deed. If there was no trust you are generally looking at a probate. In many cases these are not complicated and often require no court appearances.

While Caddo is a great county for minerals, they do not have any online search capabilities for the land records.

If the minerals are in you name, then the next step is contact the operators to begin receiving royalties from any producing wells.

As always my posts do not constitute legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.