Sect. 17

Any information about leasing in this section (Township 09N, Range 04E would be appreciated. Had an inquiry in June, but don't think they liked my response.

Thanks

I had an inquiry about 10N 2E, Sec. 11 MONTHS ago from Gary Upchurch. Last contact he said he'd email their lease form for my review but I never got it. After waiting a number of weeks, the first of June I emailed him that I'd never received it. Never got a response.

Sheila, sometimes these guys are just flippers hoping to get a cheap deal. Guess I should check the Pottawatomie County records to see if he filed any other leases around me.

Thanks Ann. My offer was from Eagle Land & Minerals. If you find out anything, let me know. Their offer was pretty low and as I said, they obviously didn't like my counter.

Ann Whitchurch said:

I had an inquiry about 10N 2E, Sec. 11 MONTHS ago from Gary Upchurch. Last contact he said he'd email their lease form for my review but I never got it. After waiting a number of weeks, the first of June I emailed him that I'd never received it. Never got a response.

Sheila, sometimes these guys are just flippers hoping to get a cheap deal. Guess I should check the Pottawatomie County records to see if he filed any other leases around me.

Mine was for Texhoma Land. They could be working for the same oil company as Eagle is, or maybe not. I just checked 4 leases in my section - one was 3 yrs 3/16ths, and the other 3 were 5 years & 1/8th. Got interruped and didn't check a few others. All I checked were filed in 1012.

I refuse to lease for 1/8th, and also refuse to lease for over 3 yrs.

When you get a minute, why don't you search your section in the Pottawatomie County Clerks online records? it's free.