Sec36 t4 r5 wells

Are there any wells here? I just inherited some mineral rights in this area. Thank you

Continental drilled the Knox 16-1-36XHS well in July, 2021. You should be getting revenue from that well. Make sure your correct contact information is of record in the Grady County Clerk’s office. The same with whatever documents vests you with marketable title.

I have the mineral interest. I’m not sure who to contact.

Send an email with a copy of the document wherein you acquired your interest to:

[ownerrelations@clr.com]

Bryant, you may also contact Daylight Petroleum since they also are operating a couple of producing wells in 36-04N-05W. Continental has 3 active wells in that section.

We received an offer to purchase mineral rights on Section 24 T9N R8W. How do we find out if there is any activity on that property or any others? Apparently we have rights on about 8 properties across OK and NM.

Welcome to the forum!

For OK, get familiar with the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website as it has all sorts of ways to look up activity. NM has a similar commission. Go to the Oil & Gas Division and then to the Imaged documents selections. Make a list of each of your properties and the title documents that gave them to you. Come back and ask questions about them in each of the proper state and counties and we can help you.

Offers to buy are usually a clue that “something is up”. Never sell until you understand what you have, activity on it and nearby, if you have royalties in suspense, etc.

In this case you have some pending horizontal drilling. ( I would not sell, but that is my opinion only)

For this one, notify the following attorney that you have inherited and to send all documentation to you. CITIZEN ENERGY III, L.L.C. 320 S. BOSTON, SUITE 900 TULSA, OK 74103 Contact Name: WILLIAM H. HUFFMAN Contact Phone: 918-492-4433

Thank you very much. You were very helpful. I have left a message for Mr. Huffman and will follow up on the other properties!

Make sure that you file your contact information in each county where you have minerals. You will need a description of the acreage to go with it from the probate or trust information. That way the land men can find you.

1 Like

You may also want to consider probate avoidance for the next generation. The attorney who handled your probate should be able to set you up.

This post is not legal, investment or tax advice, it is for discussion purposes only. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney-client relationship.

It’s in my deceased mother-in-law’s name at this point. So would she be the skipped generation? And what is probate avoidance?

Probate avoidance is a way to structure the title so that it is unnecessary for court intervention to establish who are the new owners after the death of the former owner. Most often this is done by a revocable trust or a transfer on death deed. These tend to be the preferred methods as the owner maintains control of the assets. Joint tenancy and life estates are other alternatives but are frowned upon because they have myriad control, leasing and other problems. Gifting is another option but can have tax consequences as well as potential disqualification from certain government benefits.

Chart Mineral Options *

Wow – super chart Richard. Thanks ==

It’s coming over a little fuzzy - is a clear one available?

Thanks in advance

Yes, thanks for the chart!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.