Sec 25/36-13N-6W Canadian County

We signed a lease 2 years ago with Marathon Oil. Could you tell us when the well started producing? We have received no royalties at this point. Our other family members who signed with the same terms at the same time have received 2 royalty payments to date. Thank-you for this forum. Learning valuable information.

What is the name of the well? Trying to find out the first sales.

Hi M. Barns, Im also looking for first sales on a well. Can you give me the place to find this? Im familiar from past conversations with you of the occ and public pun sites. The name of the well I need to know is Jim Thorpe 1207 (25-24-1MH). Active date was 12/07/2018. I think I am waiting for a DO that wil come before 06//07/2018 although i have heard nothing from Camino in several months. Thank you for your advise. Kurt

https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

I go to the OK tax site listed above. The active date there is usually first sales. The Division order will probably not come out until May or so. Look for the well in section 24. Just found it. Most of them seem to be filed by the bottom hole location, but not always.

Thank you, This is what I thought and where I have been keeping my eyes on. Very excited and hoping they drill 10 more right next to it…lol… You have been great Martha. I enjoy watching all these posts and responses… This is a very good and informative site. Kurt

Thanks for your reply. It is the Brenda Chapman Section 36, Township 13 North, Range 6 West of the IM Canadian County.

The Brenda Chapman well started producing in January 2018. First payment was around August 2018. There was some sort of subsurface equipment problem, and payments stopped in 4th quarter.

Thank-you for the reply Little_Ricky. Your information helps me to make sense of the timing and royalties that other family members have received. It is my understanding that payments should be retroactive to the date of production. The lease was signed with Marathon April 2017 and I received a signing bonus shortly there after.I’m trying to get this cleared up with a clear understanding of what the problem and delay could be . I have entered documentation into Canadian County Clerk’s Office that should help with the matter. Division orders were signed November 2018. Looking forward to clearing this up. Appreciate this forum and the link to Mineral Rights 101. Very informative for people who are new lessors.