Sec 24 T10N R9W

Just wondering if there is any activity. Leased 2 years ago and it seemed I was getting a letter a week offering to buy or lease. Thanks for any information.

Continental has a pooling and a horizontal well pending. Since you are leased, you will not get the pooling notice, but you should have gotten the gotten the horizontal notice for case 201708290.

I posted this a while back:

I just received a packet in the mail from a law firm (Hirsch, Heath & White, PLLC). The applicant on the form says Continental Resources, Inc and the Relief Sought says 1,280 acre horizontal well drilling and spacing units. The legal description is the area where I own rights. I am assuming this is a good thing. I am new to this as I have inherited these rights. Any feedback would be great. The area is Section 24, Township 10N and Range 9.

Is this the horizontal notice? If so, typically what takes place next? Sorry for the questions. Just trying to figure things out.

First, they have to get a spacing order, then they will ask for a horizontal order, then they will get a permit to drill. Usually takes a few months.

It is not uncommon to get offers before new drilling is set to happen. Some are just robo letters. If you have a question that would help the general folks on the forum, will try to answer.

In general, offers that I have received have been low just to see who will bite. Some offer to buy current production, knowing that much more lucrative horizontal drilling is about to happen and the buyers want those royalties.

Thank you. Is it reasonable to counter with a higher request…reasonable of course.

This topic was automatically closed 8 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.