Sec 16-16N-10W ; 28-17N-10 Blaine County

I have interests in the following and was hoping to get an idea if anyone was purchasing in these areas and what the current fair market values are

Well: Toms 1-21HX Sec 16-16N-10W Blaine County, OK

Well: Browning, 1-21-16HX Sec 16-16N-10W Blaine County, OK

Well: Bernhardt 28-17-10 Sec 28-17N-10W Blaine County, OK

Thank you!

Be aware that you may have new well(s) in 16-16N-10W. Always think past the current wells. Many offers will be low and hope that you do not know about new wells. At today’s prices, one might think hard about selling with new wells coming online. Are you getting all the OCC mailings for your sections? Continental filed for increased density in Nov 2021 Case 202101336. New well filed for in Feb 2022. Talk to your CPA about what you need to consider when selling.

28-17N-10W. Ovintiv is the operator here. They left room to drill more infill wells. They are not as active in Blaine, but are drilling more infill wells in other counties. Quite a bit of infill drilling in the sections nearby, so another operator may (or may not) come and drill more.

Hi Martha we are interested and getting a few appraisals from a couple petroleum engineers for our families mineral rights in Blaine County. We have a total of 800 acres. This consists of 480 acres in and section 22–17 N – 13 W. NW quarter 160 acres, SW Quarter 160 acres SE Quarter 160 acres

Section 33–17 N. – 13 W. we have 160 acres in the NE quarter

Section 27–17 N. – 13 W. we have 160 acres in the SW quarter

Have you seen any sales or production/activity in this area?

You will probably only need to deal with one appraiser as their techniques should be similar. But do what makes you feel comfortable. There are several appraisers listed in the Directories tab above.

section 22–17 N – 13 W no recent wells no activity Devon has a well in 28 to the SW of you. Section 27–17 N. – 13 W Staghorn MasonHall 1-27H Drilled in 2017. Still producing. Sec 28 also has a horizontal well. Not stunning in 27.
Section 33–17 N. – 13 W Lagoon drilled a Salt Water Disposal well in 2019. Carie 1-4-33H has been in production since 2012. Operator is Devon. Nice well!

I very much doubt that you have that many acres unless you had one child passing to one child for generations since patent. If you are looking at a lease, then leases will state the gross acres of the parcel, not the net acres. It is possible though if everything stayed totally within family members and no one sold.

1 Like

Hi Martha thanks for the info. That indeed is the case as the acreage has been in our family for well over a hundred years. Would you by chance be able to have a phone conversation or a different email that we could discuss privately as I have been not able to send anymore messages since the initial email I used when messaging you originally. All my emails have been kicked back as undeliverable…idk if it’s my end although I am certain it’s the same email I originally used without problems.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.