Searching state records for lease holder

My royalty checks stopped in 2018. I’m looking at the lease terms to see when I can know the lease is open again. Is there a way to search Oklahoma public records to determine the current lease holder of record?

https://okcountyrecords.com/ is online site. Posting Section, Township, Range and well name would also help. Many on here are top notch.

Sounds like you are looking for current operator. Try here: Oklahoma Corporation Commission - Electronic Well Data

Found the four division orders at the county sight and am calling the last assigned operator today. Thanks!

I’ve been poking around there and am still learning how to limit my searches. Is this also the place to look at annual/monthly/daily production data?

The last “12” months of production data can be found on the OK tax site: Gross Production

For some strange reason, unlike the OCC well records which are listed by surface location, the tax site is often listed by bottom hole location. If you have a horizontal well, start at the bottom of the hole and if you can’t find it, work up the hole. You can also search by well name. They call it “leasename”

Since I do not beleive any production has occurred since 2018 and Gross Production finds no records I’m going to have to find some historical records of some sort. Thanks for the tip. Back when I worked the patch I could call up a listing of all wells in a section or township and get an annual listing for every well in the area but that’s probably a commercial database and fee based I’ll bet.

You can still get a list of the wells for free. It is the OCC wellrecords data base. It records the files by the surface location. Test

The tax site records the production, so you have to use them back and forth.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.