Searching for Location Listed on a Royalty Deed

My parents passed their ownership in the form of an Royalty Deed. There is a legal description but it seems to lack a block number in the description of the property. While I have the survey and the section number, I have not been able to locate the property listed on the DEED. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you're in, or near, Snyder you could go search the courthouse records. Since you're missing part of the legal description you would look for it under your parents name in the Grantor/Grantee books to find the full description when the property came into their names. Hope this helps.

Joe, do you have an abstract number? Send me what you have and I will try to locate it.

Dirk Dieterich

kddieterich@gmail.com

Dirk Dieterich said:

Joe, do you have an abstract number? Send me what you have and I will try to locate it.

Dirk Dieterich

kddieterich@gmail.com

Unfortunately we do not have an abstract number. The document was filed in 1976. It "the west 140 acres of the Southwest one-fourth (SW/4), Section No. Four (4), J. P. Smith Surverys, Scurry County, Texas. That is all the legal on this document. Do I have to go to the county clerks to get more detailed info? Thank you so much

Thank you for your reply. I keep thinking this should be easier than it seems to be. Grew up in Snyder so all the "old documents" seem a bit vague.

Joe Davis said:

Saving…

Not all legals have Block #s. older surveys are often in the name of an individual. There may be separate sections in some surveys.

Look at the General Land Office interactive map to see if you can locate it first.