Searching for information on section 24-9N-11W Caddo county

I am looking for information on section 24 9N 11w. We are signing a lease, but had questions. Working with Lynx. Does anyone have info on this company and what should be included in the lease agreement?

Welcome to the forum.

Lynx filed for a multi-unit horizontal well in 24/25-9N-11W back in 2019. They did not drill it. 67.3913% was for 24 and 32.6087% planned for 25. Well name was Commander 25-24-9-11 1XHL into the Hoxbar formation.

Lynx has a pooling that was supposed to be February 16, but has not order yet, so you can wait for the pooling if you do not want to lease.

Be aware that the draft lease sent to you is almost always in the favor of the operator and not in the mineral owner, so it will need some negotiation. Suggest that you get an OK oil and gas attorney involved as you will need to make sure that you have no post production charges assigned to you, a commencement of drilling clause, limit the shut in time, get the highest royalty that you can, do not warrant your title, no top lease, no extension of time … among others.

Can someone tell me if this sounds reasonable?

Having not reviewed the entire lease, I would strike paragraph 9.

Ms Barnes- thanks so much for the information on Lynx. We have been working on a deal for 2 years. First the company was called Blue Ribbon and now it is Lynx. Do you know of a good affordable oil attorney from Oklahoma?

Thank you Todd. Here is the rest of the lease.

The royalty clause is charging you post production charges which I do not want to pay. (Upper part of 1B.) This could cost you quite a bit in royalty payments.

I strike #6 and #9, change part of #13 and would need to see if there was an addendum with other changes.

Suggest that you find an OK oil and gas attorney and get them to help you. Any help on the forum should not be constituted as legal help and are merely suggestions or comments.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.