Scurry County - Landrum #1

Just received a "Division Order" for sale of oil and gas from the folks who we leased to. It covers Terms of Sale and Payments for the sale of oil and gas.

We are a little new to this "Oil Barron" business. Should I assume they struck oil on the .00104974 % of the lease?

Bill

Just curious, Bill, where is your "Landrum #1" located. Fluvanna Area? if so, near our land.

Linda

Yes it is. Don't know if you have used this tool but www.earthpoint.us allows you to put in the description of your land....survey #, abstract, section, block, etc and then it will fly you directly to the spot via Google Earth. You can then pinpoint exactly what you are close to.

to Linda Daugherty Stevens I noticed you mineral rights are close to Fluvanna. My deceased wife Sally Dodson Johnston's granddad owned the RH Jordan ranch in the very northwest corner of Scurry County. I own rights on 2 sections that S&J have one well on each & about a year & half age to other 4 sections was leased but to my knowledge nothing has started. I am curious if you have heard of any activities in that area. Just checking as I live in No. Calif. I subscribe to the Snyder online newspaper. Thanking you Jim Johnston

Use the link I provided above. Put in your description of the survey. Google earth will take you to the actual section of land. Zoom in and you can see actual drill sites. Granted it is unknown when the last photo was taken...but at least you can look in the area for activity in the last year or so. For example in our case, we were able to spot oil holding tanks on property next to our lease area.

Yes, we have mineral rights on places N, E, and W of Fluvanna... I grew up there and our family still owns the land. I am very familiar with the Jordan ranch; it's just a few miles N of my home place. I haven't heard of any recent drilling, but that's the reason for my question about the "Landrum # !" To my knowledge, there was a Landrum property E of fluvanna and another W and I wondered which or if either, contains the Landrum # 1. Also wondering if it's an old well that's been reworked. There are so many old locations in the area, that unless the satellite maps are recently updated, it's difficult to determine activity in that way. I use Google Earth; maybe earthpoint.com has more recent photos. We are leased as well, so I'm also wondering about if there's been any drilling in the area yet. I was there last fall and did not see any rigs operating.
James Johnston said:

to Linda Daugherty Stevens I noticed you mineral rights are close to Fluvanna. My deceased wife Sally Dodson Johnston's granddad owned the RH Jordan ranch in the very northwest corner of Scurry County. I own rights on 2 sections that S&J have one well on each & about a year & half age to other 4 sections was leased but to my knowledge nothing has started. I am curious if you have heard of any activities in that area. Just checking as I live in No. Calif. I subscribe to the Snyder online newspaper. Thanking you Jim Johnston

Hi Bill

I don't know if your question got answered but that decimal interest is the part your interests represents out of all the owners who were leased for that well's spacing. Kind of the simple version.

Finally got word that we are in production. Lease to drill and production in about 6 months or so. Pretty good.