Sandra Jane Liles October 1, 1947-July 10, 2017

I have been overwhelmed by the love, compassion, prayers and thoughts from the good folks of this Forum since the passing of my wonderful, beautiful, loving wife of 47 years.

Her problem began when a drunk driver killed her Mother April 10, 2010 in Tyler, Texas. It was like a part of my wife died that night. She went into a state of depression and it seemed as though she didn't care if she lived or died. She and her Mother were very close. 2014 was a bad year for her as her health was failing. Then on January 3, 2017 I had to call an ambulance to take her to the Emergency Room. From that day on her health went downhill.

She taught school 41 years and her years teaching were 100% dedication towards starting those children on the right path in life. She taught 1st grade, kindergarten and pre-kindergarten. She was loved by her fellow teachers, teachers aids, school staff, parents and the children. The best thing is that my wife is no longer suffering. The challenge that I now face is the loneliness after being married for 47 wonderful years but time takes care of everything. It is a task sitting here trying to type with tears welling in my eyes. We had a good marriage and after 47 years we still loved each other.

Again I say 'Thank You' to all the folks that took the time to show your compassion to my wife.

A big '''Thank you''' to Kenny DuBose, Wade Caldwell, Buddy Cotten, Linton Tomlin, Marcus T, Danna Blumeneau, R.W. Kennedy, Charles Emery Tooke, John and Nona Cundieff, Alan Herrington, Monty and Virginia Pflum, Ms. Pat Malone, Kenneth and Judy Cambern, Madeline Merritt, Charlie Wallace, Dan and Susie Osborne, William Pugh, James Pieper, Kay Greene, Jack Tyler, William Pugh, Kendell Hill, Yvonne McMahon, Richard Saxon, David Pauly, Charles and Gloria Mallory, Curt Bryan, Jim Bemis, Tom Ed Moore, Nancy Connally, Bigfoot, Fred Ribb and hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

A 'Special Thank You' to John Cundieff for coming to the Visitation before the Memorial Service.

(John, my twin brother though you were a really nice guy...boy did I set him straight afterwards) hehehehe

This is truly a Family Forum where Members treat you like Family.

Thank You,

Clint Liles

1 Like

Thank you Clint Liles for this beautiful tribute to your wife.

Clint,

Thank you.... Interestingly, my grandmother taught first grade for, get this, 50 years in the very same school in New Iberia LA. She was, like your wife, an institution in her town. To this day I run into people who she taught.

Dear Clint: What a wonderful note of love and appreciation for Sandra. There is a special place in Heaven for teachers....and she will live on in the memories of all who loved her. In time, our pain from loss recedes and only the shared love remains.

Clint:

What a remarkable tribute you made for your wife. It was an honor to have met Sandra on several occasions and discuss the people we both knew since she taught school in Lindale for 41 years and I attended school in Lindale for 12 years. Clint, you were blessed to have Sandra for those 47 years. The times we were together, it was very obvious that you and Sandra were happily married and much in love. Take care of yourself.

Thank you for the sincere update....at our age we've had the unfortunate experience of having close loved ones leave us early...so sorry, and I had to smile regarding the part where you had to set your twin straight....lol.

What a lovely, loving tribute. Thank you for letting us get to know her a bit.

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry for your loss. My mother would tell me (born 1917) that when she was a child people thought of death as part of life. It doesn't make it any easier. We put one foot in front of the other and carry on. You are still laughing. Laughter is the best medicine.... God Bless You, God gave you the best, think of her and the good times and a smile will come, then you can go and have a good cry. You were truly blessed. We never forget the impact so many teachers made in our lives. Where would we be without them. Here you are helping us when we should be cheering you up.

Big Hugs

Mavis

Clint,

This is a beautiful tribute, sounds like she was a wonderful lady. I know you have lots of wonderful memories after 47 years. Time does help us heal, but we never forget. God Bless you.

Monty & Virginia Pflum

I am so sorry Clint. Kathy Stephens

Wonderful eulogy of 47 years. Made in heaven they are lived on earth and make greatest memories. God bless.

Clint, I understand how devastated you are by the loss of your wife. Your great love for Sandra is evident in your tribute. She was clearly a wonderful woman and her kindness and warmth shines through your caring and tender words. You will always have memories of your many happy years together. Wishing you many blessings.

What a great legacy!

Clint, seeing your name put a smile on my face. I wish it would have been different circumstances. I've been busy the past few years working on other projects. Kenny brought this to my attention and I wanted to make sure you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

God bless,

R.T.

A big thank you to all for all the prayers, concerns and thoughts. I must say to everyone who has a Spouse to tell that Spouse every day that you love them because when they are gone they are gone forever, I have gone through some rough things in my life but this is the hardest. The loneliness is a living Hell. Evenings and nighttime are the worst.

Again thanks to all for your love and kindness.

Clint Liles

1 Like