S3 T4S R4E Sapp 3-1H Well

Sadly, Bankers Petroleum (BNK) is going to plug this well. It was drilled near the bridge that was damaged by too big of a truck crossing it 4 or more years ago, on Greasy Bend Road. The geology was very promising, and this section is in the highest oil content portion of the Ardmore Basin according to the Oklahoma Geological Survey. But the well casing was of defective material or maybe it was just extraordinarily bad luck and could not be fixed.

With the recent completions of the Saxon 1-26H and the Colbert 1-22H this township shows lots of promise.

Don, do you know what is going on in 27-4s-4e? I have had two offers to lease and one says XTO Is gong to force pool in the near future. The proposed well is Barney 1-26H27..any news. the offers were for 600.00 and up depending on whether participating or not, etc. Also, can you tell me where the Saxon and Colbert sections/areas are?

Don Ayres said:

With the recent completions of the Saxon 1-26H and the Colbert 1-22H this township shows lots of promise.

?

Elizabeth, our lease expires later this year in 27-4S-4E also but no activity to renew. The Saxon 1-26H is located in the NW quarter of Sec. 26-4S-4E. The Colbert 1-22H is located in the SE quarter of Sec. 22-4S-4E. Both wells were completed in 2012.

Don, what does the production look like on both of those wells? I don't think they have filed completion reports yet.. Do you know anything about the recent well in Section 33? Also, I noticed that Section 27-4S-4E is going to be spaced on 320 acres (N/2). Is that because of the existing SWD well in the southwest?

Don Ayres said:

James,

This is a link to the completion reports for the Saxon and the Colbert, both were completed in 2012.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD030AC.pdf

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD046BE.pdf

Both wells shows good initial test results but I have not kept up with production reports since, unfortunately I have no interest in them.

Thanks Don,

I'm very curious to why Sec 27 is spaced on 320 acres. I think this is going to be the only well in the whole township spaced less than 640 acres.. I agree with you, section 27 and 28 look very promising.