S26-9n-17w

My wife and her three sisters may own a small interest with this description. It looks like there's a lot of activity from Chesapeake, Apache and others, but I'm not sure whether this description fits in the Granite Wash or not. Does anybody have any idea what to do with this?

There is a Horiz. well in section 27 to the Miss. formation that started production Feb. 14 ,2012 and up to the end of Jan 2013 has done 3,532 BO & 16,687 Mcf of gas . What do you think you want to do with it .Sale ,lease or ? Here is the Pooling Order for 27.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/AP/Orders/02FF9F69.pdf

Thanks for the quick reply. The first thing I'd have to do is verify the interest. I have a letter from Carla Petroleum Land Services from 2006 that asks for ratification of a lease dated December 1, 2006, recorded as Document # 621137, Book 2492, page 1699, of the official records of Parker County, Texas. That might be a lease the sisters signed with Chief Oil & Gas for a couple of gas wells in the Barnett that are producing, and I'm not sure if there is some conveyance of the Oklahoma mineral interests or the record of the disposal of the estate of their father that passed these interests to the sisters in that set of docs. I'll see if my brother can run that one down as he is a title research guy out in Lubbock, TX.

Then I have a letter from Schonwald Land from July 2007 that apparently included a lease for signature for the interests in Washita County, OK, but I don't have a copy of the lease. Something in the back of my mind tells me we never got a lease signed by these guys, maybe because gas prices were plummeting and they pulled back. Finally, I have a letter from December 2008 from a landman (Fleshman Agency) in Oklahoma City that says the sisters have an interest in the Washita County property and asking if we wanted to lease or sell. I have no idea what happened with that one either, but I don't have a copy of any lease and we haven't heard anything from Fleshman since then.

Assuming we have an interest, we would love to lease it to a good company. If the area has been pooled already, we want to be a part of that pool of course, but I have no experience and don't know how to do that. The description on the letter is Section 26, Township 9 North, Range 17 West I.M. I'm reading the pooling order you linked. It wouldn't have included our interest, would it? Or was it linked so I could see what a pooling order looks like?

Thanks for your help.

C Groff said:

Thanks for the quick reply. The first thing I'd have to do is verify the interest. I have a letter from Carla Petroleum Land Services from 2006 that asks for ratification of a lease dated December 1, 2006, recorded as Document # 621137, Book 2492, page 1699, of the official records of Parker County, Texas. That might be a lease the sisters signed with Chief Oil & Gas for a couple of gas wells in the Barnett that are producing, and I'm not sure if there is some conveyance of the Oklahoma mineral interests or the record of the disposal of the estate of their father that passed these interests to the sisters in that set of docs. I'll see if my brother can run that one down as he is a title research guy out in Lubbock, TX.

Then I have a letter from Schonwald Land from July 2007 that apparently included a lease for signature for the interests in Washita County, OK, but I don't have a copy of the lease. Something in the back of my mind tells me we never got a lease signed by these guys, maybe because gas prices were plummeting and they pulled back. Finally, I have a letter from December 2008 from a landman (Fleshman Agency) in Oklahoma City that says the sisters have an interest in the Washita County property and asking if we wanted to lease or sell. I have no idea what happened with that one either, but I don't have a copy of any lease and we haven't heard anything from Fleshman since then.

Assuming we have an interest, we would love to lease it to a good company. If the area has been pooled already, we want to be a part of that pool of course, but I have no experience and don't know how to do that. The description on the letter is Section 26, Township 9 North, Range 17 West I.M. I'm reading the pooling order you linked. It wouldn't have included our interest, would it? Or was it linked so I could see what a pooling order looks like?

Thanks for your help.

[Just checked on the Parker County filing and it is only the Texas gas lease. No mention of OK interests.]

It was so you could see what it looked like . What would be the name on any lease that might have been signed, if any.

One of the names would have been Michelle Marguerite Smith Groff. The letter enclosing the lease states that it is regarding:

Cordell Prospect, #011-07

Oil & Gas Lease

Section 26-9N-17W

Washita County, Oklahoma

There was no bonus, a 1/4 royalty, and a 3 year term. I'm uploading a copy of the cover letter - it's all I've got.

Thanks.

2584-WashitaCountyLease2007.pdf (274 KB)

The lease was signed in 2007 but no well was drilled . No leasing in 26 after 2009.

Man! you have some access to information. Thanks so much. Do you have any idea if anyone wants minerals in this section?

SHEPERD ROYALTY LLC 2410 W MEMORIAL RD STE 402 OKC, OK -73134

CORDILLERA ENERGY PARTNERS III LLC 8450 E CRESCENT PKWY STE 400 GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO 80111

The last ones to lease in some sections of 9n-17w . Last leases were in early 2012.

Thanks again. Cordillera got acquired by Apache and I have a call in to them. I couldn't find Sheperd on Google.