(S/2 SE/4) section 17-T19N-R2W

Pamela,

I just read that someone purchases the farm in question back in 1890. If that is so, you probably don't have any minerals under it. In the late 1800 and very early 1900, people didn't know to keep the minerals. It wasn't till the oil boom in the early 1900 that people knew to keep the minerals. Back then, when you purchases the farm you got the minerals. In fact, lots of farmers sold their minerals to oil people back in the boom in order to save the farm. It was a big mistake, but people back them was having a hard time just to survior. Today, it's very seldom that you will see mineral with a farm as they sell them seperate if they still have the minerals and can be worth more than the surface land.

Probably the paper you received was to clear up a cloud on the farm title from years ago. It's surprising to me how many people never go to the county clerk's office and see what is filed on their land. I have had several people over the years make mistake on what they owned and filed on my property. This puts a cloud on my title. A person needs to check the records every few years and if you don't know how to do it, get someone else to do it, sure keeps the title a lot clear and saves money in the long run.

Virginia,

The paper I received wants me to sign off on my mineral interests so my guess would be that there is minerals under my great grandfathers land. I would never sign this piece of paper! The letter was sent by a Lisa and she didn't even put her last name on the envelope, a cousin from Enid has his name in the letter inside and his address and he would like to have me sign, date and return and send back to him. I really hope he isn't holding his breath!! HA

Virginia,

I would really like to know who Mineral Joe is?? I guess he left a comment and said our family! Is he related to me or what. The reply has been deleted.

Virginia Pflum said:

It would sure be nice to know what each person on this site does or how they are involved. That would help all of understand were it is coming from.

Like: Lee and Mineral Joe, I take it you both are with or own a oil company or are you land men?

I'm a land and mineral owner and do a little investing in oil/gas minerals. I don't work for an oil company.

Who is Mineral Man, is he a land owner?

Pamela,

It wasn't me, it was someone calling themselves mineral man. search mineral man under members and send them a message.

Pamela,

Hope you are finding all the information that you need. I got an email from Karl, so guess you called him. Hope he was able to help you.

Pamela. Don't sell. The wells that they have drilled by my land are producing up to 700 bbls per day. Whatever you do, do not sell. I live on 18N 3W Sec 4. Rob Brian

Would you be referring to the 2 horizontal wells in 19N-2W or what wells and locations are you talking about? Also, is the 700 bopd your talking about from a 1 hour or 24 hour initial production report or are you talking about monthly production of 21,000 barrels from one well?

Robert,

Do you know the name of this wells? Have you checked the meter on the well? The new meter tell you the total bbl that the well has made, the amount per day, temp, etc. No guess work. I have heard about a couple wells in the area making that, but I still have not seen OCC report on it.

From all these posts, I don't see if you said you hired a lawyer....have you? Just curious, because you said you were looking into it.

No, I talked to the vac truck drivers. They were pulling off the water and the oil from the tanks before the seperators and heater treaters were commissioned. I will check again, now that the seperator and surface facility has been commissioned. The production rates should be more stable now. As far as the names, one is the Matthews, and the other I think was the Howard. That is besides the general gossip down at the old COOP in Mulhall.

Virginia Pflum said:

Robert,

Do you know the name of this wells? Have you checked the meter on the well? The new meter tell you the total bbl that the well has made, the amount per day, temp, etc. No guess work. I have heard about a couple wells in the area making that, but I still have not seen OCC report on it.

Dan D was the one that burned down North of hwy 51 a few weeks ago. Talked to the rig hands, got a kick, not enough mud weight. Nabors 131 is drilling the salt water disposal 19N 3W sec 33 right north of my farm. There is another Nabors well east of mulhall in Payne Co. Kilpatric is done with a swd and horizontal well right off of hwy 74 and cr 65. I havent heard any production numbers yet from that one. I will get the accurate production rates as of this week if possible. I go to church with one of the Howards.

lee phillips said:

The new drilling activity most of us have been talking about is a miss. solid H drilling situation. This field is not only around Mulhall and Orlando but will cover a very large area .Companies have recently drilled H at Cresent,Stillwater,Orlando,and Marshall which is where the rig burnt. And yes there has been four rigs in this area turning to the right at the same time .Alfalfa co was used as a comparison for lease cost as drilling has been at full speed for some time and is a Miss. solid play also.

Just sharing my thoughts and insight, didnt intend to get you upset.

Robert,

Thanks for all the information. I hope these wells will keep the rate up for a few years. I hope you have a good well also. I know that area has had lots of wells over the years. Some of the area, they have been water flooding and it's been doing real good.

Keep us informed on what is taking place. Tell everyone at Co-op "Hi" from all the "out of stater". Now they will have somthing new to talk about.

Have a great week-end.

Being these are still flowing back into frac tanks it's just an IP flow rate given over a certain amount of time. There are 2 right by one another and another not far away. The Mathews is in 4-18N-2W, Johnson in 33-19N-2W and the Wilma in 16-19N-2W, no Howard permitted in Logan. The Johnson and Mathews are Woodford wells. I'd be interested in seeing what they produce during a full month. The other Woodford in Logan were around 100 bopd and out dozens of horizontal wells in Logan the best was 125 bopd and that was just initial production taken over a 24 hour period of time. They even have a plugged horizontal in 17N-1W.

Mineral Joe,

Thanks for all the information. I thought most of the wells where Mississippi, now I will have to look and see what other sands/shale some of my wells have product in.

I would think that 100 bopd would be a good well for the area, but with today prices it's still worth drilling. Sure bets some of the stripper wells in the area.

Virginia,

All of the wells being horizontally drilled in Logan are Hunton and Cleveland but several are Woodford. I have seen no Mississippi wells which is a more shallow formation.

Thanks Mineral Joe,

I went back and looked at my spacing and it was for the Cleveland. I thought I was Mississippi, but not in Logan Co.

On one of my spacing in Noble Co, it was for Cleveland Sand, Cherokee, Mississippian, Woodford and Hunton. I was unaware the H. wells could produce out of more than one sand/shale at a time. Yet this spacing is for 5 sources. I should read my spacing orders better and remember what Co. I'm working in.

Thanks again, for the information.

The Johnson is produecing 250bopd and the Matthews 300bopd ,bopd means in a 24 hour period , d for (day). The rig that burnt was Logan Drilling out of Enid owned by Kirkpatrick Oil Company and drilling a well for themselves.The Woodford is said by the geologist to be thinner than out west but more dense which is good.They are very optomistic about the future drilling and production of H wells in the areas of discussion .Not all H wells are profitable, i have seen some very dissapointing ones in Alfalfa County (dogs). The Howard well is in the planning stage and will be drilled soon.

Lee,

What is the name and location of the wells you said are producing 500 and 700 oil per day?

I am certain most here benefited tremendously by learning the d in bopd means day and that there are 24 hours in a day, thank you for that definition.

Just to set the record straight, there are IP reports that are only taken over short amounts of time (hours) and then reported as bopd simply by multiplying to get the 24 hours and then shut in rather than let them flow for a full day which is 24 hours.

Joe

Most of my postings are for general reading and not addressed to anyone directly.The definition of bopd was for your benefit only as in one of your earlier positings you sarcasitically responded to the term. Read my last entry again because the amounts are 250 bbl and 300 bbl. There is a production decline rate but these volumes are still very good and incentive for further exploration in the area. IP stands for initial production, normally the first 24 hour period. I do not post remarks in an effort to create a debate with you or anyone else, simply to share information with those interested in reading in the forum.

Lee

Virginia

They dont produce out of all of the zones in one H leg but by including them in the spaceing their rights to them are protected in the event another company wanted to lease and drill a specific zone later.This is a tactic companies are doing and is often allowed if you dont protest.Ive recently learned of a case where they filed to space all zones of interest.It is possiable to drill H close to another zone and frac into it creating drainage from both.