(S/2 SE/4) section 17-T19N-R2W

HI, I'm from Baker City Oregon and just recently found out that I own land in Logan County. I guess the land was my great grandfathers Abraham Shippy. I was never told about this land and I was contacted on facebook by a cousin who told me that another cousin has been taking care of this land all these years and now wants me to sell the mineral rights!! Can anyone tell me what is going on with this piece of land? I feel that someone is being dishonest. I would really be great full if someone could help me. The land is (S/2 SE/4) Section 17-T19N-R2W

Thank You

Pamela,

My first question would be do you own the surface or just the minerals?

They are drilling horizontal wells in the area and people are leasing the minerals. You need to check with this cousin and ask if they leased and to what company. The company may not be able to find your address. You may need to have someone (like an attorney) in Logan Co check the county clerk records and see if anything has been recorded on the propery. You may not have a clear title to your minerals and at least should file an address/contact on this.

I own land in Logan Co, but live in TX.

I own in sw 2 19 3 in Logan co. Okla. There is a lot of drilling around my area. I recently have received offers up to $1500 an acre for my mineral rights. Hope this helps.

Pamela

Your position is in an area that is active and will get even more so.My guess is you do have a share in the minerals or they would not have ask you to sell and no dought theyve already done the title work and know who has the mineral rights. Virginias idea is correct to get an attorney from the area and find out what you have for yourself. The two recently completed H wells in the area are doing very well and are of the volumes that will start a small boom in northern Logan County.There is little acreage left open for lease in this area.Acerage still open in this area will go for 1000.00 per acre for a lease, not to sell your rights.It could go as high as 2000.00 if the wells continue to preform like the first two.

Pamela,

I own SW5-19N-2W, Logan and I think you are about 2 miles south of me. They just finished a well a few months back in 15-19N-2w that is doing real good. I would call (OCC) Oklahoma Corporation Commission and ask Donna if anything is drilled on your property as you maybe on a 640 acre spacing already. Her # is on line and if you can't find it I can get it tomorrow for you. It's in my brief case, but it's under 1,000 other papers right now as I'm working on tax.

The second thing I would do is call Chesapeake, 6100 North Western Avenue Oklahoma City, OK 73118 ---- and Continental Resources, Inc. 302 N. Independence, Enid, OK 73702, (580-233-8955) toll free (800-256-8955) Fax 580-548-5253. One of these companies may have been looking for you. Then you can probably lease you land and make a lot more than selling it. I think their is one other company that is drilling in the area, but I can't remember who. It may be Davon.

If you need a good Oil & Gas Attorney, I have a great group in OK City that I have used for a long time. I will be glad to share his name if you need it. Just email me at: pflum1@ sbcglobal.net.

Also, if you do own mineral in OK, you may want to attend the workshop they will be having in the fall, I think it's in AZ or somewhere out that way. OCC can tell you about it and it may even be on line by now. I think it's about $250 or $350, can't remember, but will worth it just for the new laws.

Small boom in Logan County, yes very small, 1 drilling rig.

Mine in Northern Logan were recently released from lease as there was no interest. Yours are in the better area in 19N-2W. Logan County is more of an oil play and more shallow so more activity with high oil prices.

Joe

There are four rigs drilling in the mulhall orland area and more on the way.Keep in mind the first two wells have recently started to produce and the volumes are impressive. Rig demand is very high and getting them to the area takes time.This is an oil play and companies with lease hold will drill it. If you have acerage not leased it should go for 850 to 1000 an acre.

Mineral Joe,

What part of Logan Co are you in? I'm in the northern part and they have staked at least 4 more wells in N. Logan and S Noble Co. that I know of.

They just fracked one of the wells next to me, so I don't understand why they would let your lease go. I know they have been doing lots of drilling in the south part of Noble co also.

Has anyone heard what kind of volume they are producing. I haven't heard even though I'm in on a well that just has been fracked. That is when I was told they had stacked a few more wells in the area. so I figured they must be doing pretty good as the cost of drilling these wells are very expenses. I know in Arlington, TX these wells ran about 3 M to drill and bring in, not sure what they are in Logan Co as I'm not doing any partnership in that Co, just have land there.

Also, does anyone know if their is a spell check on the forum, I sure need one. I was good in math, but I forgot my grammer/spelling. I blame it on the small school in OK. Ha, think it must be me.

Virginia

The two wells in the Mulhall area are doing 500 oil per day and 700,not sure which is doing what?The gas would be a significant volume with that much oil but have not been told the number.By comparison to other wells in the state that make this volume of oil the lease cost should be much higher.I have a small amount of acreage left and am leaseing for 850.Probably should hold out for 1000 as it is worth it but dont want to be greedy.

Virginia Pflum said:

Mineral Joe,

What part of Logan Co are you in? I'm in the northern part and they have staked at least 4 more wells in N. Logan and S Noble Co. that I know of.

They just fracked one of the wells next to me, so I don't understand why they would let your lease go. I know they have been doing lots of drilling in the south part of Noble co also.

Has anyone heard what kind of volume they are producing. I haven't heard even though I'm in on a well that just has been fracked. That is when I was told they had stacked a few more wells in the area. so I figured they must be doing pretty good as the cost of drilling these wells are very expenses. I know in Arlington, TX these wells ran about 3 M to drill and bring in, not sure what they are in Logan Co as I'm not doing any partnership in that Co, just have land there.

Also, does anyone know if their is a spell check on the forum, I sure need one. I was good in math, but I forgot my grammer/spelling. I blame it on the small school in OK. Ha, think it must be me.

I am in 17N-1W and 16N-3W. When I stated 1 rig running it wasn't from visual as i am about an hour away it was from Baker Hughes rig count which are generally correct. I also didn't see any permits, pooling orders or spacing orders in 19N-2W or 18N-2W except the 2 wells already drilled and the one in 4-18N-2W which they supposedly drilled last year. Lee, are all 4 rigs drilling in 19N-2W?

Lee, who is paying you $850 per acre bonus? What royalty goes with that $850? You were saying they were paying $1000 per acre and maybe going to $2500 so why would you settle for $850 if you think they will be paying $2500 per acre bonus?

Pooled at 1/8th royalty and $150 to high of $400 bonus, most are for about $200 bonus

Completion cost stated in pooling orders are 2.4 to 3.4 MM

Mineral Joe,

Hate to tell you, but the 1/8 royalty went out in the 1960. I don't know anyone who doesn't get at least 3/16. Here in TX, we are getting 27% free of cost on gas wells. And bonus was $12,500+, but it's a lot less now.

I know several people in N Logan and Noble co that got a lot more than $150. I haven't heard of anyone getting the $850 or $1000 yet. Most of the property around me is leased, so I doubt that I will get to hear about it.

I think most of the property in 19N-2W was spaced last year. I know my farms were spaced in the fall of last year. Since I'm not at the farm, I don't know how many wells are drilling, but I know of several that are staked.

Virginia

Virginia,

Sorry Virginia but your wrong, I do oil & gas for a living and I know for a fact 1/8th royalty didn't go out in the 60's and people are getting offered a 1/8th royalty all over the United states every day right now, yes also 1/6th, 3/16ths, 1/5th, 1/4 and other offers and I know for a fact in Oklahoma if your interest is pooled unless you make an election otherwise when your interest is pooled almost all people pooled get the maximum dollar offered amount and a 1/8th royalty. I also did not say people are only getting $150 lease bonus in Logan county, I said they are being pooled at $150 to $400 bonus with most getting $200, I looked at all recent pooling orders in Logan County.

Here are all of the most recent initial production reports for horizontal wells in Logan County. Initial production figures are normally very much on the high side compared to average full monthly production. It just shows that the wells producing 15000 and 21000 bbls a month (500 and 700 bbls a day) for the past 2 months as Lee says the wells in 19N-2W are producing during normal production are exceptional wells.

Husky Ventures Inc.; Hancock No. 1-20H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 20-16N-04W; 16 barrels oil per day, 32,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 11,598.

Kirkpatrick Oil Co. Inc.; Jordan No. 1-6H Well; NE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 06-19N-03W; 125 barrels oil per day, 577,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 8,346.

Kirkpatrick Oil Co. Inc.; Smith No. 1-6H Well; S1/2 S1/2 S1/2 SW1/4 (SL) of 06-19N-03W; 687,000 cu-ft gas per day, 143 barrels oil per day; TD 9,150.

Husky Ventures Inc.; Olin No. 1-20H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SW1/4 (SL) of 20-16N-04W; 26 barrels oil per day, 78,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 11,434.

Husky Ventures Inc.; Naomi No. 1-29H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SW1/4 (SL) of 20-16N-04W; 58 barrels oil per day, 136,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 11,100.

Payne Exploration Co.; Rising No. 1-30H Well; NW1/4 SE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 (SL) of 30-16N-04W; 71.77 barrels oil per day, 350,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 10,614.

Kirkpatrick Oil Co. Inc.; Weber No. 1-35H Well; W1/2 E1/2 SW1/4 NE1/4 (BHL) of 02-19N-04W; 68 barrels oil per day, 635,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 8,608.

Mineral Joe,

I will apologize. I was unaware that people were still leasing for less than 3/16. I have leased over 1,000 acres in the last couple years and never took less than 3/16. Some of it is pooled, but I still get 3/16. In fact, I lease back in 1990 for 20% in Noble Co and got a good lease beside that. So, guess it's whomever can get the most.

Do you have any records on wells that is on the south line of Noble Co? Maybe section 32-20N2W, Noble Co. They just finished a H well in Noble Co that goes to my land in Logan Co, but I haven't heard what it's doing. It was just fracked last month, so it's probably not on line yet.

Also, do you know what water is selling for in Noble and Logan as it's been so dry up there. I know in west TX they are getting about 50 Cents a barrel. And they are drilling water wells in east TX.

Virginia,

no need to apologize, it's the companies leasing at a 1/8th that should apologize, but I guess like everyone they are trying to make a buck too. So much of Colorado is leased today at a 1/8th and I see a lot here in Oklahoma also but not as much anymore here except if your pooled and don't make an election. From what I have seen about 90% are pooled at a 1/8th here in Okla.

I'm sorry but I don't keep up with water prices, I just know the lakes have all but dried up around here and the fishing is over for years.

As for records on Noble, you can use the OCC case processing web application to look up anything you want like pooling orders.

Generaly speaking 1/8 royalties did go out in the late 70s.In N.W. Okla.you will see 3/16 and now a lot of 1/4 R.I.Many people may get offers for 1/8 but most likly not many takers.Of the production numbers listed only the Kirkpatrick wells are horizantal. Joe the four rigs mentioned are in the area of Mullhall and Orlando.One rig is south of Stillwater but moving back to the Mullhall area.One rig blew out and burnt ,it is out of service for a month to be rebuilt.HP is soon bringing two rigs and Nabors one more.

Have to keep the companies name confidential that is paying the higher price .As Ive said before acerage in Alfalfa County is going for 850 to 1500 and the wells are not as good as the first two in our area .If you get pooled you will be given a 3/16 RI.The oil companies have researched old logs from wells drilled years ago in this area and from thier experiances knew what type of producers these would be if drilled horizantal.Thats why they leased the whole area first at a low bonus price.

Mineral Joe said:

Here are all of the most recent initial production reports for horizontal wells in Logan County. Initial production figures are normally very much on the high side compared to average full monthly production. It just shows that the wells producing 15000 and 21000 bbls a month (500 and 700 bbls a day) for the past 2 months as Lee says the wells in 19N-2W are producing during normal production are exceptional wells.

Husky Ventures Inc.; Hancock No. 1-20H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 20-16N-04W; 16 barrels oil per day, 32,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 11,598.

Kirkpatrick Oil Co. Inc.; Jordan No. 1-6H Well; NE1/4 SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 (SL) of 06-19N-03W; 125 barrels oil per day, 577,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 8,346.

Kirkpatrick Oil Co. Inc.; Smith No. 1-6H Well; S1/2 S1/2 S1/2 SW1/4 (SL) of 06-19N-03W; 687,000 cu-ft gas per day, 143 barrels oil per day; TD 9,150.

Husky Ventures Inc.; Olin No. 1-20H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SW1/4 (SL) of 20-16N-04W; 26 barrels oil per day, 78,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 11,434.

Husky Ventures Inc.; Naomi No. 1-29H Well; SW1/4 SE1/4 SE1/4 SW1/4 (SL) of 20-16N-04W; 58 barrels oil per day, 136,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 11,100.

Payne Exploration Co.; Rising No. 1-30H Well; NW1/4 SE1/4 NW1/4 NE1/4 (SL) of 30-16N-04W; 71.77 barrels oil per day, 350,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 10,614.

Kirkpatrick Oil Co. Inc.; Weber No. 1-35H Well; W1/2 E1/2 SW1/4 NE1/4 (BHL) of 02-19N-04W; 68 barrels oil per day, 635,000 cu-ft gas per day; TD 8,608.

Lee,

So when you said there are 4 rigs drilling in the Mullhull area you really didn't mean right now drilling you meant off and on or maybe drilling sometime maybe and there really is only 1 rig drilling (standing in the air turning to the right)? You really believe a burned down rig and 2 rigs that are somewhere else means they are drilling right now in the Mullhall area? There are several hundred else where in Oklahoma, maybe we could say they are also in the Mullhull area drilling. You said 2 months ago 1 well was producing 700 bbls a day and just recently said it is producing 700 bbls a day, I'd think a horizontal well would have declined a little in 2 months. I also know nothing about you talking about Alfalfa, I was quoting what you said about Logan county.

I take it you have not looked at very many pooling orders or really any pooling orders if you believe what you are saying. Take a look at any recent pooling orders and read them, just read them and then tell me your right in what you say "if you get pooled you will get 3/16ths" as your really confused or misinformed.

So why is it the operators and OCC believe these wells are horizontal and total depth is like 4000 feet more than true vertical if these are not horizontal wells as you say Lee?

Hancock No. 1-20H Well

Jordan No. 1-6H Well

Olin No. 1-20H Well

Naomi No. 1-29H

Rising No. 1-30H Well

The new drilling activity most of us have been talking about is a miss. solid H drilling situation. This field is not only around Mulhall and Orlando but will cover a very large area .Companies have recently drilled H at Cresent,Stillwater,Orlando,and Marshall which is where the rig burnt. And yes there has been four rigs in this area turning to the right at the same time .Alfalfa co was used as a comparison for lease cost as drilling has been at full speed for some time and is a Miss. solid play also.

Just sharing my thoughts and insight, didnt intend to get you upset.

Now you have me confused. Are you saying, if I'm pooled I will only get 1/8?

Then why would I sign a lease that saids I get 3/16?

I just checked some of my pooled property and I'm getting 3/16, is this wrong?

Now as far as Alfalfa Co goes, I think some of the companies that were drilling in Wood and Alfalfa are closing down as the leases are getting to costly with gas prices so low. We have minerals in Woodward Co and their isn't that much going on except wind turbines and power lines.

But, it seems like a lot of drilling in Payne, Logan, Kingfisher, Noble Co. And at this point, I haven't heard of that many dry ones. Most of these County had production for years, but they taper off and didn't have enough to keep producing, so some were closed. With lots of new technique, H. drilling, etc. They are back to paying quantity.

Hope everyone gets a good well and the oil companies get rich. Then they can pay the taxes and I will try for welfare, Ha-aaa

Virginia,

all poolings are not the same, I could attach several recent poolings for Logan county if you'd like to read one or you could pull them from OCC. Owning over 1000 acres as you do, I'm certain you should do well. At least I am certain most of the oil companies make better use of their money and manage it better than does the government.