S-15 T-23s R-28e eddy county NM

Sounds like you are near me. Since we didn’t know we had the mineral rights I guess they figure we are not important.

They have to try to contact everyone, no matter the size. The simple answer is that they think you don’t own anything here if you were not in the forced pooling docs.

As CMC15 said, you should have interest in the Witt #1 well (API 3001526471) with Marathon if you have minerals in the SE/4 of the NE/4.

The whole “they don’t have an API number” thing makes little sense to me. Anything permitted has an API number. Not to mention the wells in the E/2 have been spud. API numbers are listed on the map up above prior

3001545709 3001545710 3001545711

All spud Aug 2019.

I would gather up what legal info (deeds etc) you have and keep calling Chevron.

1 Like

I sent the deeds to them and have called and emailed several people. The one getting back to me has been very matter of fact and is the one that said that about the API numberes. She refuses to answer my question when I ask if they have anything on our property. She is quick to tell me what they don’t have. I won’t just go away so they might as well deal with me now. I can’t say thanks enough for the information. I don’t have the funds to hire a lawyer and with the help I’ve gotten on here I know so much more then i did. Appricate all comments.

I thought about attaching the docs you put on here to her and ask her if that was enough information. But I am going to send the API numbers to her and ask if we are on them or not. Silly word game we are playing.

Ok I emailed her the API numbers. We will see what she says about them now. Hopefully we can find out something soon. I have also been in touch with Marathon. Thank you

Val1959, Good luck with this situation. Companies tend to take their sweet time with situations like these.

1 Like

Thank you. I appricate it. I’m gonna bug them until something is done. The thing is I’m doing mine and my Dads and the old wells and new ones. Don’t know what I would have done without this forum.

Update. I emailed chevron the API numbers and already received a answer. She told me she is sending it to someone in the land department but he was out of the office until Tuesday. She said she would get back to me as soon as she found out something. Funny thing is I thought I was emailing the land department all along. Appears I was wrong. No word from marathon. But I did talk to someone and they are supposed to be looking into it. Again thanks everyone for all the information.

I found a " Division of Interest " for the Yarbro well from 1984 which shows all the mineral holders in the 320 acre pool for that Gas Well which was the first paying well on section 15, Township 23S Range 28E.

They knew about your father’s interest back then as there was a designation of " Suspend Req T " I assume meaning that the % calculation was suspended and required a title.

There is also a note at the bottom of the stack of paper stating the following.

" Citie’s records show that leases taken from the heirs of G Clinton Hannah are owned as follows: Holder Petroleum 47.79300%, James Isbell 9.78900%, Santa Fe Energy Corporation 42.41800%.

The Cities referred to above is Cities Service Company which was acquired by OXY ( Occidental Petroleum ) which operated the well for years.

You should have been paid by Cities Service, OXY on the Yarbro well, then by Birdcreek Resources which drilled the Witt well and the other operators who took over after them.

Hopefully you are having luck with them.

1 Like

Oh wow thanks so much. I’ve been in touch with marathon and they are finally sending it to the land department. Which they said could take up to a 120 days. James Isbells name keeps coming up and so strange because that is our last name. And not a common one. I will keep at them until I hear something back. Appricate the information.

I am thinking I might have to get a lawyer. Chevron has new wells drilled and never notified us, and I’m waiting on their land department to get back to me Marathon has a old well and same story. Waiting on them to respond Oxy has a old well and I’m waiting to hear from them. What do y’all think should I wait or look for a lawyer. And is there a good one around this area. I have a lot of information it’s just waiting on them to get back to me.

CMC15 what company is responsible to pay for back royalties. Marathon now owns the well and is who I’ve contacted. Can i get a copy of that letter? If so where do i go to find it. Again thank u so much

I received this today from chevron on the 3 cb hays wells you told me about. Our name was not on the list you provided so I’m not sure if they will end up sending us a letter or not. The wells are not pumping yet so it will properly be a while. Thanks for all your help.

Notification will not be sent out until the wells have been completed and producing. You would receive new Division Orders at that time, if your minerals fall within the spacing unit. We will not know that until the wells have been completed and producing

That depends on a lot of factors, however it seems that since you never got paid royalties they would be in suspension. Since it was a small share the companies would have moved forward with drilling and producing and most likely turned the unpaid royalties over to the State of New Mexico.

You have gone to Marathon and they should be able to confirm whether they submitted the funds to the State.

Check with the State of New Mexico Treasurers office for unclaimed funds. Once an Oil company transfer the funds then the burden of finding the payee is on the state and they will not go looking.

Here are some links:

unclaimed.property@state.nm.us

https://www.mineralweb.com/owners-guide/opportunities-for-all/unclaimed-oil-and-gas-royalty/

http://www.tax.newmexico.gov/Individuals/search-unclaimed-property.aspx

Lastly, to answer your question about the CB Hays Wells, you are not part of that pool since the CB Hays wells are sections 10 and 3. You should be part of the following wells.

CB NE 15 22 002 #001H CB NE 15 22 002 #002H CB NE 15 22 002 #003H

These are the wells that run from SR 31 to the south.

Good luck.

1 Like

Thank you so much. You have been a great help to me and I appreciate it.