Runnels county mineral rights

I am 4th generation of Mineral Rights in Runnels County. We have recorded our ownership in Runnels County. I would like to confirm the rights are showing with our contact information and also am attempting to find out what is happening in our area and surrounding areas, good or bad but haven’t had much luck with the Texas website. The description location is 2 pages long. Not sure what to ask for, for help but hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I was recently at the NARO-OK Convention, and it was suggested I post this here to seek help. Thank You for whatever assistance anyone can supply. I have a copy of the Deed, if someone that can assist, needs.

The person that helps you will need the exact location such as Section, Block and/or Abstract #

Welcome to the forum.

If you are wanting to confirm what you recorded in Runnels County is showing up properly here’s a link where you should be able to do a free search for your name in their deed index. https://public.lgsonlinesolutions.com/ors.html

You can sign on as a guest without having to register or set up a password and then select Runnels from the pull down menu. You’ll need to set up an account if you want to print the documents you find.

When you say you recorded your ownership information in Runnels County I’m assuming you are talking about an affidavit or other notarized document you got recorded by the Runnels County Clerk in their deed records. It needs to show not only your current contact information but also the legal description of the land or mineral interests you own there.

Since county deed records are indexed by the names of the grantors and grantees that appear on the deeds, landmen trying to contact mineral owners about leasing typically get a title company to provide them a run sheet listing recorded documents according to the legal description of the areas they are interested in. If what you recorded doesn’t have your name and contact information associated with your property description then that document wouldn’t appear on a run sheet covering your property description.

Regarding that 2 page long legal description you mentioned, it’s probably a metes and bounds description from a boundary survey. Usually, near the top of that description, it will state one, or more, survey names and abstract numbers where the property is located. Abstract numbers may just be shown as something like, A-1234. If you can post that information someone on the forum should be able to point you to what the Railroad Commission’s map shows regarding mineral activity in that area.

Thank you for being so descriptive! It helps when I go thru the 2 Pages of the document to know what I am looking for. Here is what I found.

On the document there are 4 Tracts listed. They are all different:

FIRST TRACT: Being all of the Jno. W. Guest Survey No 24, Per letters Patent No 158, Vol No 31.

SECOND TRACT: Being all of the N.T. Guest Preemption Survey on the North bank of the Colorado River, patented to said N.T. Guest on October 29, 1878, per Letters Patent No 31, Vol No 8.

THIRD TRACT: Being all of the William Guest Survey No 23, Per letters Patent No 80, Vol No 31.

FOURTH TRACT: Being all of the W.T. Hightower Preemption Survey, Abstract No. 602, and patented to William W. Farmer, as Assignee on November 8, 1916, per Letters Patent No 345, Volume No 33.

At the end of the four tracts it states: Said four above described tracts of land by an actual survey thereof upon the ground made by J.E. Powell, County Surveyor of Runnels County on July 12, 1916, was found to contain 609.9 acres of land in the aggregate, being more particularly described by metes and bounds as follows: Beginning at the original Northwest corner of said Hightower Survey on the North bank of the Colorado River, etc.

Hope this is enough for someone to assist me with finding out what is happening in this area.

Thanks so much!

@AlwaysMoving, here is rough map of the tracts you described. Not much oil and gas activity in this area. For future reference you can use the Abstract numbers, A-602, A-1228, A-1341 & A-587.

2 Likes

Pete R, Thanks so much for looking that up! So grateful for everyone on this forum who has helped me get to this point! Thanks Again!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.