Runge, Texas Leases

Can anyone please tell me if there is activity with leases around the Runge, Texas area? Runge is in Karnes County but I haven't noticed any leases in Runge.....Thank you.

Started by Jeanne Crocker

Karnes is a very active area for the Eagle Ford. Do you own minerals that are unleased?

Yes, my family has 300+ acres in Runge. We were contacted a couple of years ago, but declined due the estate of my father's not being settled. Have not heard from anyone else since then. I have been very curious about it since Runge in such an active area as you mentioned.

Ben Elmore said:

Karnes is a very active area for the Eagle Ford. Do you own minerals that are unleased?

Depends which side of the proverbial "tracks" you are on. As long as you are generally northwest of Hwy 72, there is PLENTY of activity. Family property northwest of Runge has recently begun production. However, our property south of town is currently unleased. It's is not hard and fast, but it's almost as if Hwy 72 is on that magical line from Three Rivers north to Cuero.

Id be happy to talk to you about it. I sent you a friend request.

Jeanne Welton said:

Yes, my family has 300+ acres in Runge. We were contacted a couple of years ago, but declined due the estate of my father's not being settled. Have not heard from anyone else since then. I have been very curious about it since Runge in such an active area as you mentioned.

Ben Elmore said:

We are just a couple of miles outside of Runge, on Farm Market Road 81. Are you anywhere close to 81? I do know of a lease recently across the road from us so I was wondering when they might start exploring more in our direction. It does seem that right now everyone is really concentrated on the Hwy 72 area like you described.

Mr Mister said:

Depends which side of the proverbial "tracks" you are on. As long as you are generally northwest of Hwy 72, there is PLENTY of activity. Family property northwest of Runge has recently begun production. However, our property south of town is currently unleased. It's is not hard and fast, but it's almost as if Hwy 72 is on that magical line from Three Rivers north to Cuero.

Ms. Welton,

Not trying to be flippant, but the question Mr Mister asked was very pertinent and you didn't answer it. In the Runge area, the Edwards Reef runs parallel to Hwy 72 on the south side of the highway. If your land is a "couple of miles" north of Runge on 81 you're in a great area. If south on 81, the Eagle Ford thins over the reef so there isn't the interval thickness and thus not much interest. As Hwy 72 moves southwest toward Kennedy, the reef moves farther south of Hwy 72 so there is an area just south of Kennedy where there has been drilling and production. Hope this helps.

Jeanne Welton said:

We are just a couple of miles outside of Runge, on Farm Market Road 81. Are you anywhere close to 81? I do know of a lease recently across the road from us so I was wondering when they might start exploring more in our direction. It does seem that right now everyone is really concentrated on the Hwy 72 area like you described.

Mr Mister said:

Thanks for the comments!! To be exact, our land is about 2 miles outside of Runge on 81 which is actually on the East or southeast side of Runge though people refer to the road as South 81. So I get rather confused by all the different explanantions.

Jeanne Welton said:

Mr Mister said:

Jeanne , I was wondering if you found out if any drilling was going on near Runge. My husband has mineral interest in 167 acs. it was the Strawn acreage. bhp Billiton has the lease now.

Johnny Cloud said:

Jeanne , I was wondering if you found out if any drilling was going on near Runge. My husband has mineral interest in 167 acs. it was the Strawn acreage. bhp Billiton has the lease now.

Yes there is the Janssen Oil Field two miles from us and from what I have heard, there are some gas leases by us also. That is really all I have found out.

Have you gone to any of the meetings in Cuero? We get newsletters from Noble Royalties.

No I haven't. Do you think it would be worth going to? And if so, when and where in Cuero?

Yes ,but We have not gone. They had one in Dec. and an attorney was speaking on mineral rights and leases. But they only let you know a week before and so far we haven't been able to go. Johnny still has family in Kennedy we really need to visit. They meet at The Chisholm Trail Museum 302 N. Esplanade in the Blackwell Room. Their phone number is 361-275-8063. They offered to buy our mineral rights earlier. They mentioned pooling and I am not sure what that means. We have a small percentage of the mineral rights. I am not sure if the offer was per acre are the total for all acreage.

Thanks so much for the information. I 'll call them Monday for the date of the next meeting. You sure don't want to be selling your mineral rights. Do you live in Texas? The name Strawn, sure rings a bell. My father's name was Crocker, he's had his place in Runge since 1970. Thanks again for the information.

The Strawn family was there for several generations. His wife was Gladys Cloud and that is where we come in. She is my husbands Aunt. His fathers sister. The Cloud family was in that area very early. Most of the family stayed in that area. Johnny has one surviving Aunt in Kennedy and cousins. Yes we live in Harker Heights, Texas. and also lived in Killeen which joins Harker Hts. I was born in Gatesville and Johnny was born in Lamesa.

there.

Interesting! I'm sure my father knew them. Let me know if you hear anything more about the area and what's happening. And good luck!

Where do you live?

We live in Victoria, Texas.