Royalty software

Can anyone suggest a royalty tracking software that isn't strictly online access. I would really like something I can purchase and install on my computer. I need software that can track production of wells, income, etc.

It would be most helpful if anyone can give me input on what is important to track besides the obvious (Production, etc).

I appreciate any input anyone might have.

Thanks!

I dont think you really need special software to do what you are trying to do. The only real info you will have from your wells will probably come from the royalty check stub. Gross bbls, MCF, price, revenue etc. You can build a simple spreadsheet to track and graph what you input and thereby allow some sort of forecasting. You probably wont have access to pressure data, temps. etc, but if you do, you could include that as well. Here is a link to a sample that I put together in just a few minutes with, of course, hypothetical data. Click on the workbooks at the bottom to see the graphs of the data. You can graph any of the data by inserting another workbook, copy the graph I made and changing the data of the series you wish to graph.

Hope this helps

Ed

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjFaD8TZ94nCdDNuWkF0MlJTdFpSNC1mZ1VuUTNyUlE&hl=en_US

Ed

Genius! So simple. I have played with so many different ways of doing what I need and your spreadsheet took all my attempts and put it into one vehicle. Thank You so much for your reply to my question. I really appreciate it.

Coby

Ed, will you re-link your spreadsheet. I have been trying to create one myself but am having trouble. I followed your link and it said the document was no longer available. If you would re-link it for me I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

William

Ed said:

I dont think you really need special software to do what you are trying to do. The only real info you will have from your wells will probably come from the royalty check stub. Gross bbls, MCF, price, revenue etc. You can build a simple spreadsheet to track and graph what you input and thereby allow some sort of forecasting. You probably wont have access to pressure data, temps. etc, but if you do, you could include that as well. Here is a link to a sample that I put together in just a few minutes with, of course, hypothetical data. Click on the workbooks at the bottom to see the graphs of the data. You can graph any of the data by inserting another workbook, copy the graph I made and changing the data of the series you wish to graph.

Hope this helps

Ed

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjFaD8TZ94nCdD...