Royalty Owner Communication with KODA

Just wondering if any KODA royalty owners have found a way to communicate with them (KODA). Being a relatively new royalty owner, I have asked questions regarding my statement and have had no response from KODA. Is this normal?

I know North Dakota has an ombudsman program (through the ND Dept. of Ag) to try to settle questions with oil companies. I have not tried to use the program and have minimal confidence in it as it was basically developed by the oil industry. Has anyone used this program?

One would think they (KODA and other companies) would want to be responsive to settle questions that arise from time to time. It’s much less time consuming than involving legal professionals. I guess I’m naive.

Let me know when you do. I’ve been trying to get in touch with them for months!

1 Like

Did you send your correspondence by certified mail return receipt? Then you will know if they received it.

3 Likes

I’ve called, emailed, and sent a letter. I’ll certify the next letter I send them. Thanks for the advice Martha!

1 Like

I work with different oil companies in ND but exact same issue. I didn’t feel comfortable using the ombudsman either, but because I figured I shouldn’t use ND tax money for help since I don’t live there. Anyway, I ended up using two different attorneys with the two oil companies I had royalties through. That was the only way I got any response. And even then, they asked for information that was already provided on more than one occasion to fix the problem. At first I was appalled…I mean, who does business like this??? I wish I would have asked the question on this forum earlier and got the advice of “send everything certified mail.” I wonder if I could have saved some legal fees.

1 Like

Thanks for your insights and for sharing your experiences. Moving forward I guess I will try re-submitting my questions via certified mail and then perhaps use the ND Ombudsman program to see if it is of any value. It all seems so ridiculous when a simple email could likely clarify many issues. Oh well, I guess it’s “Welcome to the oil business!”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.