Royalty interest,Patriot Resources

My family and I inherited royalaty interest in Block C-1 sec.2, 8, 10, 14, and 22 PSL. The Royalty interest came from my great Aunt Mary Kathryn Allmon. We hired a landman to ensure all affidavates were complete.our paperwork was given to Patriot Resources landman who double checked to ensure all was correct. We were told 6 months ago that it was sitting on the lawerys desk. We can nolonger get in touch with the landman and emails to Patriot Resources wont go thru. I will try to call them on Tuesday to hopefully get answers! Im wondering if anybody knows if Patriot Resources is still in business? I also read that Blackstone is wanting to sell them off. If no answer on Tuesday, where do I turn next.This process has been going on for approx. 2 years! Thanks for any info that may point me in the right direction. Steven Allen

Send certified letter with return receipt so you have proof if legal work is needed.

It sounds like you are relying on the oil company’s landman and attorney to establish heirship and title. The company may have abandoned its drilling plans or found a title break further back in the deed records or sold the wells. Hopefully you kept copies of the affidavits as well as deeds relating to the title history of the interest so you can proper documentation filed in the county deed records. Even if any company internally thinks you are the heirs, you must establish ownership in the deed records. An attorney can help you with documentation and a landman can help you with the title chain through all the deeds.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.