Royalty Interest, Looking for Deed, Info

Hello, My late grandfather is getting a royalty interest payment and I am looking for the source of this payment. My grandfather and mother have passed and I inherited royalty deeds but there is one payment that is a mystery.

It’s from the Texas unclaimed property database which has the following information for the years 2008 - 2018,

Owner: M G ROUP Holder Name: SUNOCO PARTNERS MKTG & TERMINAL LP Property Type: MINERAL ROYALTY

I have written Sunoco and did not receive a reply. I have searched Texas Railroad Commission website and the Internet to no avail.

I have my grandfather’s royalty deeds for Crockett county and Runnels county, Texas and those properties do not have any current production. So I am assuming these royalty payments from 2008 - 2018 are coming from a royalty deed that I do not have knowledge about.

And ideas? Thanks, Tom

Runnels County Appraisal District has one listing for M G Roup with an address of c/o Comp of Public Accounts. Well is Parker, Ruth #1, operated by Baker Operating Inc at 700 W 65th Street, Odessa, TX at 432-367-5808. Sunoco is the oil purchaser and paying the royalties - Attn Megan Newton, 1300 Main Street, Houston 77002 at 713-989-2666. Looks like the oil is picked up about every 6 months. Contact the operator to get owner name changed and and also contact the Appraisal District to get address changed and pay any taxes. Parker, Ruth #1 is RRC Oil Lease 7C-11265 and API 42-399-33448.

TennisDaze, You are such a blessing! Thank you so much! I have looked at my grandfather’s royalty interests in Runnels County on the Texas Railroad Commission website and found “maybe” 1 well dripping out some oil but for some reason wrote it off. I don’t have the exact lease configuration and the deed talks about ‘metes and bounds’.

Runnels County Appraisal District was the key!

Again, Thank you very much!

Tom

im having sort of same problem locating the mineral royalty rights in my name, from same company sunoco . texas unclaimed property shows i have them in my name and i believe i inherited them from my father who passed but it does not give an address for where the mineral royalties are located

You might try looking on www.texasfile.com and searching under his name.