Royalty Interest Checks for Mineral Rights

Hello all, I'm new to this forum.

I inherited 1/4 Acre of mineral rights in Reeves County in 2001 when my great uncle passed away. After 15 years of basically nothing; I have received two Royalty Interest checks from Anadarko in the last two months. I was wondering if they are drilling in Reeves County now and if this is going to be a long term thing or not. It was nice to see a couple of checks come to me. I was just wondering if these mineral rights are worth anything now and possible values. Got a call from someone this morning sounding very anxious to buy my rights. Should I keep them or sell them?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

-David Thiele

Keep.

They are drilling all over Reeves County, TX. It is in one of the hottest oil and gas drilling plays in the history of the industry, even with the prices so far down.

Charles Emery Tooke III

Certified Professional Landman

Fort Worth, Texas

We have land in Reeves that's been in the family for over 100 years. Anadarko have finally drilled on our land and we have gotten our fist royalty checks. Anadarko are very active right now. Long may it continue! We are in Section 1, Block 2. NEVER sell your rights. Very common refrain.

Keep!

I'm a recent newcomer to this business. I inherited royalty interest from my Grandfather's estate. After some researching out what that actually meant, I came into contact with an old hand at this. A landman who's now retired. Great conversation about "the old days in West Texas." Bottom line, don't EVER, EVER, EVER Sell. You'll never be able to get it back. Especially now with all the new finds and disclosure by Apache.