Royalty gas index price lookup

Hi, We’ve been getting royalty checks and statements for a while now, and I have never been able to verify that they are paying the actual market price for our pooled acres. They are supposedly paying us based on the “Tetco M2 first of the month index”, but I have never been able to find this price listed anywhere. To make matters worse, they (EQT) changed the statements from one price for each well to listing out every byproduct in the gas (Butane, ethane, etc) and pricing them separately. Does anyone know how to find the Tetco M2 First of the month index prices for the past 3 years or so?

Thanks

You might start here… Description. A monthly cash settled Exchange Futures Contract based upon the mathematical result of subtracting the price of the NYMEX Henry Hub Natural Gas Futures Contract , as defined in Reference Price B, from the monthly price published by Inside FERC for the location specified in Reference Price A.

https://www.eqt.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2022-Landowner-Town-Halls-Presentation-FINAL.pdf see slide 6

Thank you! That at least points me in the right direction. They aren’t going to make it easy for owners, are they? lol. I’m sorry i missed that EQT summer thing, that might have been worth the trip to Pittsburgh. I see from the EQT presentation that the TETCO M2 tracks lower than the Henry Hub.

In addition, purchasers “ding” operators for all kinds of deducts…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.