Royalty check statement later than usual

Hi, this is my first time posting here. My husband’s family owns mineral rights to several newly drilled horizontal wells in Martin County, TX. We get royalties from a mix of oil and natural gas wells. Since 2021 when the lease was acquired, we have been receiving sizeable royalty checks every month consistently. They’ve only declined slightly (and even risen a few times when prices jumped). Every month on the 26th or 27th consistently, we receive a check statement from Pioneer Natural Resources, followed by the actual payment on the 1st or 2nd of the month. This month for the first time ever, we’ve received no statement of payment, nothing from them at all.

If it’s just a later than usual payment, that’s fine, I’m just wondering if this is a typical thing that happens. It’s been so consistent for a couple of years that I’m just wondering if this is normal. Would they just stop production on our wells, or stop the sale of minerals, without notifying us? Or do delayed statements/checks just happen sometimes?

Caraintexas, it is most likely just a delayed statement. This month we already received a direct deposit from Pioneer, but no statement yet. This has happened a couple of times before.

Typically, however, if production were to actually pause or end, you would probably not be notified unless this was a condition specified in your lease. Sometimes production stops temporarily due to mechanical problems or other construction in the area, but it will resume after the conditions return to normal.

Thanks so much for your response- we’ve never just not received a payment (or statement) before. So I’ll give it a few weeks if they’re just behind.

@Caraintexas , you do not mention which sections of Martin county TX you are in. That being said, since the beginning of 2022 Pioneer has had over 40 permits issued for Martin county. It may be that some are being drilled close to the ones you already have and yours are shut in so as not to be damaged by the new drilling and fracking. Just another view point to possibly consider. MK See Image: I missed a few months when I combined the screen shots, I also may have a few duplicates, but I hope you grasp the scope of it?.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.