Royalty check need the money

I have been getting my royalty checks from diamondback for 6 months but my youngest brother has not gotten his first one. Many conversations with diamondback but still no checks. What do I need to do to get this going he really needs the money.

I’d contact a lawyer and negotiate a reasonable price to send a simple demand letter. A demand letter on an attorney’s letterhead will demonstrate that you mean business. It’s nice that you’re helping your brother out, but any reputable attorney will want to deal only with your brother, who would be the actual client.

Have you spoken with the correct department at Diamondback? The Division Order Analyst will be able to tell him what needs to be cured in his title in order to get paid. They may need a particular document from him.

Has he reached out to the Division Order Department? If he has the owner number that is referenced on his Division Order to provide them it may help expedite things. It sounds like there may be a title issue or waiting on a particular document (ie. Division Order, W9, etc).

I agree with @M_Barnes and @Warmheartsland. The Division Order department is who he needs to contact. Diamondback might have the wrong address and his money is sitting in suspense. They are pretty good about releasing funds quickly once they have what they need.

Here’s their contact information:

Diamondback Energy 515 Central Park Drive, Suite 500 Oklahoma City, OK 73105 Email: ownerrelations@diamondbackenergy.com Phone : tel:866-531-3667

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.