Royalty and mineral rights

I am having a difficult time understanding how to find division orders or a list of mineral owners for wells located on jesse hendricks lease kaufman Henderson county I specifically need to find this information 1993 and prior years.

The oil company has changed 7 times and I am trying to recover my fathers property any and all land oil gas mineral interests that he owned at the time of his death in 1992. I have documentation he owned 1/3 in the well unit that was named back then Humble oil Hamm Gossett oim unit 1. This info is important because the oil company operating now was polite and seemed willing to help until I fully explained my motive and reason for calling was to recover my inherited interests from my fathers ownership.

You’ll need to post some more information before anyone might be able to help you.

Are you talking about mineral interest in Henderson County, Texas?

Have you tried checking the County deed records recording of a unit designation for the unit you referred to?

You may need an oil and gas attorney or landman to assist you.

First, they can do a title search in the county deed records to determine exactly what your father owned. Then they can research the Railroad Commission records to determine what oil companies may be producing those mineral interests.

Next, they can assist you in getting these mineral interests in your name, whether through a deed or affidavit of heirship or other appropriate procedure.

Finally, they can prepare a package of the necessary documents to deliver to the oil company so that royalties can be paid to you and the other heirs. You may also want to check unclaimed property on the Texas Comptroller website under your father’s name to see if any royalties have been escheated to the state.

1 Like

Ok so here is what I have. A conveyance for the well and mineral rights on what use to be called Humble oil and Refinery Hamm Gossett oil unit 1 (Woodbine) praireville. In the documents I’ve uploaded shows a few different interests …on following Jesse Hendricks lease, Jefferys survey, fitzgerald survey, Hammiter tract T-599 D.O. William’s survey, and Green Lee survey. I am in need of information on locating these and obtaining information I need inorder to recover the land and or mineral rights, royalties,and accounts in suspense. I am unfamiliar on how to recover the royalties for the past decades. If even possible.I know I need an attorney just havent had any luck finding the correct law firm to handle any possible legal recourse

MATTIE BARNETT WILL LEGAL attny statment.pdf (35.9 KB) MATTIE BARNETT WILL ConveyANCE.pdf (103.4 KB) MATTIE BARNETT WILL 1 reading LEGAL.pdf (616.5 KB)

What you posted is confusing because some of those surveys are in Kaufman County and others in Henderson Co.

Doubt it helps but attaching a couple more items you can add to your collection related to the Hamm Gossett Unit No. 1. RRC shows four of those units, all in the Gregorio Ybarbo Survey A-607, Kaufman County. Humble supposedly recorded the unit designation for Unit No. 1 on 1/31/1964 under Vol. 467, Pg 313 of Kaufman Co. deed records. Looks like Basa Resources is the last operator but the last production was in 2018.

The Jeffreys Survey A-394 and Williams Survey A-839 you mentioned are in Henderson County, as is the Williams Survey A-603, although one of those pages you attached showed A-603 being in Kaufman County.

I’m thinking its probably where you started but in case you haven’t checked the Texas Comptroller’s unclaimed property site here is the link https://claimittexas.org/

I have been informed of these interests through the Texas comptrollers website that’s how I discovered the interests. All the documents I’ve provided are county records. These records are all I’ve been able to find. This is my problem how can I recover the mineral rights that were owned by my father if they have been stolen the oil company for the well Hamm Gossett oil unit 1 praireville woodbine told me that my father is not in there system and this suggests a major issue and break in legal chain of ownership my father owned these interests at time of his death

Affidavit of Heirship filed in Kaufman County says David B. Fogleman who died in 1992 was single, had no children, left no will and that his mother and brother were living at his death. Is there a question regarding his legal heirs?

![[quote=“Dusty1, post:7, topic:61513, full:true”] Affidavit of Heirship filed in Kaufman County says David B. Fogleman who died in 1992 was single, had no children, left no will and that his mother and brother were living at his death. Is there a question regarding his legal heirs? [/quote]

-104520_Word2Pdf|281x500](upload://kqosGDgQXs37yUAxbYQ5ANCTuMM.jpeg) No sir I know what that erroneouse fraudulent affidavit states and the Ham Gossett unit I am referring too is praireville woodbine. I am the a victim of theft and fraud and the properties owned by my father in the documents submitted in my post were stolen from me when I was 10 and concealed from my knowledge. I recently became knowledgable through members of my family who’s father illegally obtained and sold these interests.I am100% the only heir that has the legal right to these interests.I just need to obtain information to whom is in possession of his interests now. I really need this info and instruction on how to locate that information.

You can trace the assignment history from Seller A to Buyer B and then from Buyer B to Buyer C, etc. down to the current owner. Kaufman County deed records are on line and you can purchase a copy of each relevant deed.

I will do that thankyou

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.