Royalties that i have not received

Hello aeveryone,has anyone heard of TEXAS INTERNATIONAL LEASING out of san antonio tx.they are impossible to contact and never return calls…emails or text…if anyone knows how to contact them…please

Your royalties will usually come from the operator, which may not be the same as the lessee.

M_Barnes I have a stupid question for you, I know nothing about mineral rights, all I know is that I get a $20 to $30 check in the mail every 4 to 8 months or so from a company called Kebo Gas & oil from wells in Blessing TX. A couple of times in the past years I’ve been offered a buy out of only a couple thousand dollars. Should I have cashed that check? I don’t know how I come to these mineral rights I’m guessing a long past relative. thanks Ken Best

Personally, I would cash the royalty checks. Contact the operating company and get copies of the lease and ask for the paragraph from the title opinion that says you have title. Tell them that you are updating your files and need the copies. Usually, they are nice about it.

Offers usually indicate someone knows something and they want to make a profit off of me. I try to find out what they know and what I need to find out regarding value. In my experience, the offers have been fairly lowball, just to see if I would bite which I don’t.

Depending upon where you are, never cash a check that comes with a sales offer. There are some very sly ones out there that have quite onerous language attached to them. Sales offers need to have quite specific terms and if you really want to sell, get about three different offers and compare them. Never hand over a deed for a draft, only a real cashier’s check.

2 Likes