Royalties on Sec 32 T 06N R 01W

Reasley

It is almost Feb 1st & I have called & called Lime Rock about the Autrey well & they can not give me any information. This well was completed Feb 2019. I have only received a w9 form from Lime Rock. Can they just wait as long as they want & never pay out royalties?? I know the buyout from bp set everything back but it’s been long enough! Frustrated!!!

The first sales were close to 2/16/29. The surface location of the well is in 7-5N-1W. BP did not turn in the survey to the state until September 4, 2019, so they could not determine the splits for each section. Without the splits, they cannot send out the Division Orders.

Adding to the complexity, BP sold the well to LimeRock on September 12. 2019. Then the OCC did not approve LimeRock with a Change of Operator until Dec 23, 2019.

I still don’t see the splits on the well posted at the OCC. They are supposed to pay 180 days after first sales. I usually start with sending certified return receipt letters to the operator asking for a Division Order and requesting of the 12% interest penalty and asking if there is any cloud on title and if so, what is it. Keep a copy of the letter and the green card. Wait a couple of weeks and send another. The interest penalty is for mineral owners with clear title. If you have a cloud, they should tell you how to remedy it.

Thank you very much Ms Barnes for the quick response. This sounds like it’s a big mess. I will definitely send what I need to. So the operator is Lime Rock now correct??

Hello Martha. I looked on the OCC well lookup, and could not find the production on this one. Do you have access to anything that might show it? I have some near there and I am curious. Also, it kind of makes me think that BP might have helped Lime Rock to delay the payout based on their actions. They know how to work the system !

I found the production for the AUTREY 5 N 1 W 5 1 H X on the OK tax site. That is where you find the current operator and who is buying the oil and gas.
https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.