royalties ok

i have a question regarding my gas royalties checks. I had been depositing the checks to me and my ex’s wife’s bank account since 2006 after leasing out the rights, then around 2014 we got divorced and with everything going on and splitting up, the checks kept coming but i never got around to cashing them. She handled dealing with the gas company we leased to, so I’m not too knowledgeable on the subject matter. I’d like to know if any one out there could inform me on what i can do to claim the money from the checks that went uncashed all those years.

You should send a copy of the Divorce Decree to the party disbursing the checks along with the old, uncashed checks and request they be re-issued. They may very well have funds in suspense or may have sent the funds to the state’s unclaimed property division. Maybe Oklahoma, maybe the state where they are incorporated. Send your letter certified with return receipt.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.