Royalties check

My dad passed away a few years ago and he stopped receiving his royalty checks from Sunoco. What is the process to obtain the royalties on my name since I’m the only living child.

what state is the property in?

The answer depends on the state where the minerals are located and the company’s requirements. Sometimes an Affidavit of Heirship is all that the company will require. In other circumstances a probate will be required. (I’m assuming that there is no Trust involved). Your share would depend on whether your father was survived by heirs other than yourself.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.