Royality Interest

I have recived a letter about helping recover some mineral rights this man is in the mineral law business and he wants 30% he will do all research,current or old the deed is from 1950.is this a fare amount to charge?

Cynthia:

My first question is your statement "recover some mineral rights". How do you know if have these mineral rights and what paperwork on these minerals do you possess. All mineral rights paperwork should be recorded at the County Clerk's office in the county where the minerals are located. Second, how did this individual know where to send a letter regarding this matter? Third, if you proceed in allowing anyone to do research, I would get references to better know the individual and his or her work ethics. Finally, if you still elect to hire work to done, I would shop around in order get the best service for the best price. Good luck!

I’d be suspicous. Are you aware of where you may have minerals? If you have a clue of where they are and who’s name they were in at one time, you would be better off paying a hourly fee to a title company to research it for you. You could be giving up thousands of dollars for a couple hours of work.

Dear Ms Neal,

That is a customary arrangement. Whether it is fair or not is up to you.

In most cases, when someone objects to the arrangement, they never end up with anything unless they get a professional involved.

Six months from now, with no assistance, reflect on where you are and if that is where you want to be.

Thanks Charles
I recived a mineral and royalty deed in the mail I do not know how they found me they a seeking heirs to my great grandmothers estate. so I contacted Barnett shale who seem to be in the area of Montague County Tx and they reffered to a gas/mineral attorney.I will shop around Thanks again!
charles s mallory said:

Cynthia:

My first question is your statement "recover some mineral rights". How do you know if have these mineral rights and what paperwork on these minerals do you possess. All mineral rights paperwork should be recorded at the County Clerk's office in the county where the minerals are located. Second, how did this individual know where to send a letter regarding this matter? Third, if you proceed in allowing anyone to do research, I would get references to better know the individual and his or her work ethics. Finally, if you still elect to hire work to done, I would shop around in order get the best service for the best price. Good luck!

Dear Cynthia,

I don't understand you question. You can look up any deeds yourself, or seek help at the courthouse. 30% of what? Your minerial interest for life? After Landmen called me about some minerials that my grandmother left me, I then started looking into what else I might have coming. So you can do it all for free, even if the minerials you own aren't near you. I live in Fort Worth and my stuff is in West Texas. You can also look up Texas unclaimed funds. I found $9000 there from1989 Royalty check.

Sincerely,

Chris