ROW Request around 290 & 2502

Received a request to sign a ROW Survey Permit from a guy with “Defined Land Management” for “AMP Intrastate Pipeline”. I will meet him this Friday, because I have not signed the open ended request which does not list the property boundaries, access point, etc.

Main reason for this post, does anyone know anything about these (2) two companies?

Or anything about wells that are supposed to be going in on the east side of 2502?

OJ

Below is what I had posted a couple of months ago about AMP. On your other question, if you are talking about the four wells Geosouthern drilled from that big pad right next to 2502, it looks like they’ve been fracked but it may be several more months before they file completion reports or start reporting production.

Want to share some information and see if anyone knows any details about the new pipeline being built in the Burton area. It crosses 290 near Burton Sausage, crosses Wildflower Road a little further north then continues across 390 and ends (or starts) at that big pad Geosouthern built off FM 2780 where they have permits to drill their Boeker and Union Hill wells.

Couple of things that surprised me where that it looks like the pipeline is being built up to that pad before drilling has started on those two GS wells, and they have three separate 10-12 inch lines laid out ready to go in the trench they dug past FM 2780. I don’t think lines are usually extended until a well has been finished at least to the point where they know it will be fracked and completed, and then it’s only one natural gas line, not three.

The new line is already on RRC’s map and the operator is shown as AMP Texas Pipelines. AMP appears to be part of a company formed last year called Aspen Midstream Partners. Their website says AMP is building gas gathering systems in Washington, Burleson and Lee County, and also plans to build a large gas processing plant but doesn’t give a location.

Several separate AMP gathering lines that are shown on RRC’s map seem to come together south of Burton, on the north side of Old Mill Creek Road. According to WC deed records AMP bought two adjoining tracts totaling about 180 acres a couple of months ago in that same area. It’s close to a pad where GS recently completed several wells and has more planned. If that 180 acres is where they build what they describe as a 200 MMCF/D cryogenic gas processing plant I’m thinking it would be a real encouraging step for Washington County and an indicator of the long term prospects for the Chalk play in that area.

Appreciate if anyone has information they can share on this.

Thanks for the info.

Curious if you got something worked out with AMP and learned anything about their plans?

Well Dusty1, here’s what I know. AMP is wanting to put an 8" gathering line that goes to the southwest of “Zuehlke Lake”, but not go through the lake, from the northeast of 2502. The will not start surveying until Feb, but have a few possible routes, trying to not go through the lake. Ok, my lines are not straight (Snipping tool), but the general idea is this.

Thanks for the update.

It looks like they may be making a connection to lines they already had coming to Geosouthern’s big well site on the east side of 2502 were they recently completed four wells. But I thought they had just built another line going that same direction.

Do you know how many lines they plan to go in that ROW? In some other places it looks like they are laying three at the same time and I can’t figure out what they are for.

The green in the pic 1st sent is an alternate to miss going through the lake. I was told the plan is for (1) 8" gathering line, but as oil companies go … that is probably subject to change. I know they were 1st planning on a 4" gathering line. I think they are planning to or have permits to put a well or two someplace between the lake & Century Farms Rd and tie them to the ones they are putting in on the Brenham side of 2502.

Looking at the RRC map … maybe it’s actually on the Austin side of Century Farms Rd… not sure

Wondered if you or others on here could say what’s recently been paid for pipeline ROW on the west side of Washtington County. Definitely a bunch being built.

I have no idea yet. I’ve only talked to the AMP concerning the “Prelim Survey” and he did not cover the payment for the ROW. But it did change from the initial 4" line to an 8" line with a 50’ ROW.

Thanks for the info. Think I’ll make a new post and see if somebody else can say what’s happening. With all the new lines being laid there must be a lot easement negotiations going on.

Dusty, update … 1st verbal ROW compensation from AMP for one (1) eight (8) inch gathering line in a thirty (30) foot ROW … $15 per linear foot. (From 2013) 8"x$1.50 = $12 per lin ft.

Really appreciate the update. That $15/ft ($250/rod) number ties with what I’d heard related to what DCP was paying for 30’ wide ROW in the same general area.

You probably already know but since we first started talking about this Geosouthern has filed a permit for what they called their Milam unit that it looks like your AMP route is headed to. On the map that’s below I put a blue dot on that drill site location.

I don’t think they’ve started the dirt work there yet but on recent wells Geosouthern has drilled AMP started laying lines long before the rig was in place.

Yep, from what I understand the gathering line is to tie the wells on the NE side of 2502 to a well on the se side of Zuehlke Lake. it is all stake out, running parallel to our nw property lines, then turn slightly nw, go under Memory Lane towards towards 290then turn west to miss the lake. I think they are calling the line “8 Saints”.

Is AMP talking about needing any temporary work space in addition to the 30’ permanent ROW? If so, will they pay something for that also?

If you haven’t been involved with right of way agreements before there may be several provisions you will want to have added. I saw a proposed agreement recently that said the easement lasted “until abandoned” but didn’t give any definition of what that meant, how long the line had to be inactive. It also didn’t have any restriction on laying more lines without additional payments, allowing other companies to use the ROW, or providing any liability protection.

Yep, a twenty (20) foot temp work space. Will they pay … I don’t know yet. I will talk with him face to face on Thursday. Yes, one of the things I marked up in the proposed agreement emailed to me was " one or more pipeline(s)", also it stated “Grantor hereby grants, sells and conveys unto Grantee a nonexclusive thirty (30 foot …”. I told him I did not want the word “sells” in there … maybe “Leases”, but not “sells”. You see the pipeline is going across a 2+ acre strip of my 12+ acres, that goes out to 290 and is only 120’ wide. So I want them to access the ROW only from 290 and not via my 10+ acres that fronts Memory Lane.

I will not be getting rich off of this because it is only 120’ crossing that is 20’ off the rest of my fence line. I’m just trying to keep the integrity of my other 10 acres & what I’m trying to build up. Since we just bought this a year & a half ago. I thought I would be free the headaches with all the old capped & dry holes around me.

Definitely not trying to give any legal advice and suggest if possible running the agreement by an attorney before you sign. Think you’ll find what you are selling is an easement, not the land itself.

In any case it will be there a long time so you should try to pin down conditions under which the easement will terminate…say 2 years of none use, not just maintaining pressure in it, spell out restriction to use as one natural gas gathering line and no right for any of the ROW to be assigned to another company without your written approval, and no above ground structures except vent pipes and pipeline markers.

If you are only talking 120’ of right of way I’d ask if that section of the line can be installed by boring instead of trenching. They don’t like to do much of that because it increases cost but they already have to bore under any roads and that wouldn’t be much greater distance.

If the guy you meet with is willing to talk it would be interesting to hear if he knows when AMP is targeting to have their gas processing plant in service on Old Mill Creek Road where all these gas gathering lines seem to be going.

Thanks good info to know. The plant, is that their 200 Cryo plant? I’ll try to approach the question and if I find out I’ll pass on the info.

That’s the one. Apparently AMP had been secretive about what was happening but after the front page article in the Brenham paper on 2/24 I guess everything is out there. There are rumors they also bought a large tract for something that is just off 2502 at Wesley.