Routt County, CO - OIl & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Routt County, CO. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Anyone have a recommendation for a lawyer experienced in oil/gas leasing and the Moffat/Routt county areas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George

I've found several lawyers in the Craig/Steamboat area, I've decided to go with Ralph Cantafio in Steamboat Springs. His website is at: http://www.cantafiolaw.com. I've had a good initial conversation with him over the phone, and I think that he will be perfect for the job. He has also written several papers on the subject of oil/gas leasing that are available in pdf form at his website. I'm in the process of reading them but at first blush they seem a good read with valuable information.

There were others in the Steamboat/Craig area. Thomas Thornberry in Craig Thomas C Thornberry
555 Breeze St # 250
Craig, Colorado 81625
(970)8247057

I think would be an excellent choice, however he is not taking on any new oil/gas clients at the present time.

In Denver I found a Michael Williams. He responded well to my questions about his practice and experience. His rates were fair I think. You can reach him at:

Michael C. Williams, Esq.
DENVER: 1660 Lincoln St. #2330, Denver CO 80264
Phone: (720)-214-1861 Fax 303-265-9652

Sherri Sweers at Feldmann Nagel et al responded well to questions but does not have the experience level yet. I have heard that this law firm does not have a great reputation, but I do not have any personal experience with them as this time.

Sherri L. Sweers, L.L.C.
Feldmann Nagel Brauchler & Weeden (CO Division)
Feldmann Nagel, LLC
P.O.Box 775628
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
ssweers@feldmann-nagel.com
(970) 879-8616

Here’s a link to an article in the Steamboat, Colorado newspaper about oil and gas development northwest of Steamboat that you might find interesting - Quicksilver fracking without water on Wolf Mountain

Quicksilver proceeding with drilling in Routt County: Quicksilver finds oil in well on Wolf Mountain

Pleased to hear that Quicksilver is proceeding with drilling in Routt County.

Their rep. states they are unable/not allowed. Interesting. . .